Hiring a clening company - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-25-2007, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Hiring a clening company

Sorry to bug you folks, but I've got a few questions on hiring a cleaner. Hope Nathan doesn't mind. I came over from Contractor.com

Anyhow, it's time to fess up. I'm a messy person. I can create a mess faster than anyone. It's a bachelor thing, (sure that's the excuse). I've never hired a cleaner before. What exactly will they clean? I mean, will they toss out the newspapers, (I'm noticing each section of the paper appears to get read in a different room of the house, I don't know how it happens but it does). Do dishes? My house is pretty dusty too. I think I need a crew. It's kind of embarrasing. I shouldn't have registered with my real name.

So do I just call Molly Maid or is it better to go with a smaller non franchise outfit. It's a three storey old Victorian house, 2000 square feet. Can I get laundry done too? Money, while somewhat important, isn't really an issue. I just want it done. Any suggestions on what type of place to call?
Do you ever walk into a house an run right out the door?
Do you ever walk into a house and say "You lazy arse, why don't pick this sh** up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-25-2007, 01:40 PM

Hi Chris

Have no worries, most cleaners have seen worse I'm sure

Here are 2 links to articles that I have written on how to hire a cleaning company/service/individual hope they answer all your questions. If not please feel free to contact me directly

http://www.petersons-maid2order.com/...g_service.html

http://www.petersons-maid2order.com/...ow_2_hire.html
post #3 of Old 02-25-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Those links are very helpful. I'll let you know how I make out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-25-2007, 06:15 PM

LOL good luck Chris and please do keep us informed, it would be nice to hear the perspective of the client for once on the estimating process
post #5 of Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM

hey I own a powerwashing and window cleaning , we are looking at get are house cleaned , what should we look at begin in a basic package we do are own window and powerwashing, and what should this cost . please help .
post #6 of Old 04-02-2007, 01:09 PM

Home cleaning

Hey T, Good answers to the above. 1 question My wife cleans houses and she charges by the room, so much for a bathroom, kitchen etc. Is this a good way for her to price out homes? She sure does stay busy. Thanks
post #7 of Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 PM

Different people price in many different fashions. I say whatever works for you works for me as long as the end result pays you what you need to make in order to properly run your business.
post #8 of Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 AM

The links presented in this post seem to be quite helpful for those who are willing to have information about quality cleaners.Thanks for it
post #9 of Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 AM

Good help is hard to find. Its even more difficult when recruiting help is not your full time job, as it is with professional housecleaning companie

post #10 of Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Hiring the right cleaning company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
Sorry to bug you folks, but I've got a few questions on hiring a cleaner. Hope Nathan doesn't mind. I came over from Contractor.com

Anyhow, it's time to fess up. I'm a messy person. I can create a mess faster than anyone. It's a bachelor thing, (sure that's the excuse). I've never hired a cleaner before. What exactly will they clean? I mean, will they toss out the newspapers, (I'm noticing each section of the paper appears to get read in a different room of the house, I don't know how it happens but it does). Do dishes? My house is pretty dusty too. I think I need a crew. It's kind of embarrasing. I shouldn't have registered with my real name.

So do I just call Molly Maid or is it better to go with a smaller non franchise outfit. It's a three storey old Victorian house, 2000 square feet. Can I get laundry done too? Money, while somewhat important, isn't really an issue. I just want it done. Any suggestions on what type of place to call?
Do you ever walk into a house an run right out the door?
Do you ever walk into a house and say "You lazy arse, why don't pick this sh** up?
I wouldn't just go with the first cleaning company that walks through your door. Get at least 2 or 3 quotes and its not necessarily the most expensive will be the greatest cleaning company!!!! You will get a good feel for the person who comes around to your property. With a good cleaning company they should pick out stuff that you havnt even thought of and stuff like that. A smaller cleaning company the boss will normally come around so that you can get to know them personally before any cleaning commences. Some of the larger companies might just send anyone around. If the boss of a cleaning company comes around though then whether they are a small firm or large firm then it shows you are in the right hands as they want your business and keep you as a regular client and by coming around then it gives that extra personal touch and you'll normally finish up by having a great clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode