How to clean dust stuck to balcony floor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-30-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

How to clean dust stuck to balcony floor

We have insect dust on our balcony floor. Someone tried to clean it but ended up dispersing it. Now there is a cloud of white all over the balcony floor.

I tried vacuum and brooming but neither worked. I guess brooming. Brooming just disperses the dust even more.

tinypic.[delete this bracket]com/r/25a13ep/9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-03-2016, 12:35 AM

If you want a permanent solution to this problem you can call pest exterminator for it.
post #3 of Old 02-19-2016, 09:10 PM

Tips

With these kinds of things, getting the help of a professional is usually your best bet. You never know how much worse it can get
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-21-2016, 08:03 AM

hii everyone Flecken-entfernen.de : aber richtig! Flecken entfernen ist Nr. 1 fleckenentferner fŁr flecken, blutflecken, kaffeeflecken, rotweinflecken und deoflecken.
Flecken entfernen,Rotweinflecken,Blutflecken,Kaffeeflecken ,Deoflecken.
post #5 of Old 03-25-2016, 07:03 AM

Hmm, I saw the photo and it doesn't look like an easy job, to be honest. Is that really dust or rather gunk, and did you manage to get rid of it already? If brooming and vacuuming didn't help, I would suggest that you try pressure cleaning instead. Looking at the type of floor you have on your balcony, a pressure cleaner should do the job perfectly. However, you might still need to call pest experts to take care of your situation in the long run, as other forum members already advised.

Andrew Webber, Melbourne. Proud member of the big family of Fantastic domestic cleaners.
post #6 of Old 04-14-2016, 02:33 PM

This pressure washer site has free a how-to section and a buyers guide. Really helpful if considering one.
post #7 of Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 PM

1.Sweep your tile floors daily to do away with the loose dirt. Prefer using a cloth mop over a straw one to avoid scratches.

2. Mop the tile floors with warm water once a week to keep them soft and shiny.

3. Whenever wet mopping the floor, dry it off immediately to avoid new dust from sticking to it.

4. Do not use harsh chemicals in routine. They should be used only on areas where some spill accidents have occured.

5. You can use dish detergent in water to mop the floor frequently. This will loosen the stuck dust and will clean it off.

6. Do not let any spills stay on the tile floors. Wipe off asap.

7. Check for any grout from time to time and make sure you clean it off. Use a paste of baking soda and water on the dirty grout. Let it stay for some time and rub off with a toothbrush and then a clean wet mop followed by a dry one.
post #8 of Old 10-02-2017, 09:19 PM

Yikes, can you get rid of the bugs? if not, just get an electric pressure washer for cheap. They make them pretty small, and the water will probably help with the dry particle cloud you're talking about.
post #9 of Old 10-03-2017, 06:19 PM

Pressure washers are not for the inexperienced. I routinely cleaning balconies and patios. I sweep best as I can first, then start mopping away the gunk. I usually use an H2O2 cleaner, because its safe and gentle. I may mix in a little of some other cleaners. I have been able to remove pretty much all the dirt.

Your next step is to get rid of the insects. I cannot view your photo, but what kind of bug causes this??? Here in Florida, we are entering "Lovebug Season." Lovebugs are these flying insects and all want to mate at once. The ait will be FULL of them, and when we drive they get smashed on the car hood. They actually can be corrosive ti car paint, so we have to remove it quickly. And that isnt easy! They leave a sticky film which is super hard to get up.
post #10 of Old 10-05-2017, 01:33 AM

Follows these steps to clean your balcony.

1: Remove furniture and other objects from the balcony. It makes it easier to clean the floor and surfaces.
2: Sweep the entire surface, to remove all loose dirt and leaves.
3: Spray cleaner into the glass and wipe clean with paper towels.
4: Scrub or mop the floor of the balcony.

Hoping it will be helpful!

Thanks!
post #11 of Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 PM

Keeping a clean balcony is a difficult task. Before cleaning the balcony floor, you will have to clean the balcony walls and the outside glass doors. Mop the surface as well as possible. If any stain, use a concentrated detergent and a stiff brush to scrub out the stain. Using a vacuum is a great way to clean a screened porch.Hope it will help you.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #12 of Old 11-30-2017, 07:19 AM

I either sweep or vacuum first, depending on what kind of dirt there is. I clean the glass doors, inside and out. Then I mop the floor. It is a grubby cleaning job! But the results are nice.
post #13 of Old 12-16-2017, 08:32 AM

How have you made out with this problem?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode