How To Clean Window With Vinegar - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-04-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

How To Clean Window With Vinegar

If you have tried to clean your windows with plain vinegar and gotten streaks, there is a simple reason and an easy remedy. The recommendation for windows was almost always to clean them with nothing but vinegar and water. People by the thousands tried this, and many swore off cleaning with homemade products for good because the formula left streaks on their windows. The problem was that the commercial window cleaner used before the switch to vinegar left a very fine wax residue. The vinegar alone wasn’t enough to remove it, and the result was streaky windows.
Try this recipe, combine 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar, and up to 1/2 teaspoon of liquid soap or detergent in a spray bottle. the windows would have been cleaned perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 AM

I agree 100% about the window cleaner that was used before leaving residue and causing streaks. We use a non ammonia product (Zep for tinted windows) and this is what happens to us too. At first we have to really work at it to get the old crap off. Once all the old crap is off, it looks great!

The Zep costs about $10 a gallon. I'm not sure how long a gallon lasts but I have had mine 5 years and still have over half a gallon. We have used it since 2002 but I spilled the first gallon so I don't know how long it would have lasted.
post #3 of Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 AM

Window cleaning is a large task but can be simplified by using techniques and equipment made for doing windows.Wipe very dirty windows with a damp cloth. Don't rub dirt because it will scratch the glass. A vacuum cleaner with an attachment will work for this job, too. With a clean sponge or cloth lightly wet the window.

nyc fire damage cleanup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Yes, this is so true. Growing up we only used vinegar and water. And it was a terrible outcome.
post #5 of Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 AM

This is not so tough to clean window with Vinegar you just need to follow some steps. First of all you should the area around the window for cleaning and fill a small spray bottle with mixture of vinegar and water. Then spray it to surface of window after that rub window’s surface with a cloth to work with vinegar in. When you finished these steps then leave windows to make it dry.
post #6 of Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM

This is so true! I have some clients who use windex on their mirrors before we get there. And it is a bear to get that residue off their mirrors!

Not a fan of windex!! Or especially cheap knock offs of windex...even worse!

Start Your Own Green Cleaning Business
http://www.CleaningServiceBiz.com
post #7 of Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM

If you or someone is painting near a glass window, you can eliminate this paint by warming on the stove white colored vinegar until heated, then use a fabric to eliminate the paint.

get the advantages of best house cleaning company
post #8 of Old 09-10-2012, 07:40 AM

Prepare a solution of warm water and vinegar then dip a sponge in it. gently clean window glass and screen with this dampened sponge then rinse the surfaces with clean water. Let it dry naturally.
post #9 of Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 AM

Cleaning a home is hard task but you maintain a proper cleaning schedule, it is really gives a good advantage to save your time for home cleaning. If you have a no time or busy in you work then various agencies or companies available for home cleaning.

Bench seating Components
post #10 of Old 12-15-2012, 01:00 AM

Vinegar is one of the most usable household cleanser. It is not only used to clean the floors or windows but it can kill bacteria and germs as well. You just mix it with warm water and apply gently on the windows.
post #11 of Old 12-28-2012, 09:34 AM

I definitely agree with using vinegar. Anyway have you ever tried to use soap for windows and a sheet of newspaper? The result is awesome! even if today it is necessary to pay attention which newspaper to chose. In some there is so much ink that make every thing wrong. That's why it is better to use old newspaper if you have it.

Cheers,
Tom
post #12 of Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM

I've used Vinegar on windows before and what a mess. Very streaky and doesn't leave a professional look. Cleaning Stainless steel material with vinegar is most likely the best thing you can do - it will dissolve the nasty germs.
post #13 of Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 AM

Thanks for the information. I will try to use vinegar to clean my windows.
Do you think it could be a good solution for cleaning and disinfecting the stove in the kitchen?
post #14 of Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM

Windows and glass cleaning

We are not using any chemicals at all. Using our own microfiber cleaning cloth for the glass. Very fast cleaning with amazing quality, no any marks visible even on mirrors. We have also big list of microfiber cleaning products. If interested send me a message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lightweight%20Microfiber%20Glass%20Towel-500x500.jpg (19.9 KB, 4 views)
post #15 of Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 AM

Thanks a lot for giving home made tips for cleaning window . I hope this will help me from expending money on taking professional window cleaners for home windows
post #16 of Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM

Very helpful. I was wondering why vinegar and water never seemed to work.
post #17 of Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 AM

Windows look best if they are cleaned on a regular basis. Window cleaning is a large task but can be simplified by using techniques and equipment made for doing windows. In my opinion, it would be best if you take help of professional to clean your windows.
post #18 of Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Great tips. Thanks for sharing.
post #19 of Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Washing windows is one of those jobs that takes time and devotion. By choosing the right tools and techniques, the task can go much more quickly, and produce better results. Thanks for these helpful tips.
post #20 of Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 AM

I use vinegar for cleaning everything. It is the best all-purpose household cleaner you can find. For tough cooked on stuff on the stovetop, I just spray generously, let sit a bit and then wipe clean. I keep vinegar in a spray bottle under all of my sinks. Safe for kids and pets too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode