How to deal with inquisitive customers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

How to deal with inquisitive customers

I have been cleaning residential houses for 3 months now and have come across some customers who try to follow me around, asking what products I use and where can they buy them from.

Do I share my suppliers, tools and trade methods? How should I handle this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 PM

I say go ahead and open up to them with whatever questions they have! Some people are just curious, I don't think you need to worry about them going out and getting the same products to do it themselves or becoming your competition!
post #3 of Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 PM

I'd vote to go out and get a different kind of customer that has something else to do other than follow you around all day. Customers are a dime a dozen just like cleaners are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-15-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your feedback guys. My business is fairly new and I can't afford to pick and choose atm. But here is my observation. I've come across 2 clients like that which I went ahead and told them how to clean and where to buy the sponges and both say thank you as they now know how to do it themselves. I have not called again.

The thing is you can't back out of the job when you are already in the midst of the cleaning and I can't just ignore them can I? So I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and if there was a friendly/ diplomatic/ gracious way of saying 'no' to the customer.

Last edited by ceelin; 07-15-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode