How to Get Rid Of Cockroaches? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

How to Get Rid Of Cockroaches?

i am tires of these cockroaches, i wanna get rid of them, how it is possible? i have tried many insect killers but , no results. please i need your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 AM

in this case you may consider calling proffessional pest control....
bstrgds
www.tolive4ever.com
post #3 of Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 AM

Call a professional pest control company.Usually they also advice to control this problem in future if not you should ask them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 AM

Registered Pest Busters will do the task. I'm afraid of cockroaches I screamed if I say one roaming around.
They always laugh at me when I screamed and they joke about me. They bully me why I'm afraid of that helpless creatures then I'm not afraid of snakes.
post #5 of Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM

Everybody is spot on with this one. Call the pros.

The Cleaning Consultant
Cleaning Solutions and Information
post #6 of Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM

1. Always clean food (including crumbs) from counter tops, tables and other areas of the house.

2. Fix plumbing leaks and establish a moisture control program in the house. Use a dehumidifier, if necessary, and wipe up water spills immediately.

3. Insulate pipes.

4. Get rid of clutter! Rummage through drawers and cabinets and eliminate stray bags, papers, old newspapers, plastic shopping bags, and envelopes. Keep the area under sinks and around washers and dryers well organized, clean, and orderly. Scrub basement floors with a solution of bleach and hot water several times a year. Invest in a dehumidifier to control household moisture.

5. Caulk or seal pipe moldings. If the hole is too large to be caulked, push steel wool pads into the open spaces until you've formed a tight seal. Foam caulking also works well at filling large holes around pipes.

try this one , i hope it can help you..............

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #7 of Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 AM

From my personal experience, the best way to get rid of cockroaches is to call in the professional cockroach controller, who can help you to get rid of this problem.
post #8 of Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 AM

You can also use some home remedies to get rid of cockroaches from your home, like using baking soda, or baits to get rid of them. However, if still nothing works, I would recommend you to take advice of professional pest controller.
post #9 of Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 AM

make sure there is never any food or dirty dishes left out. bomb the house and put boric acid powder all around the floors where they roam, in cabinets, behind fridge and other appliances, up into gaps around pipes, gaps between walls etc... basically anywhere they can crawl. they get this stuff on them and die, I have had great success doing this, never seen one again.
post #10 of Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Do you live near the water or in a woodsy area? That may attract them more. But yeah, as far as prevention, try to keep things as clean as possible without big clutter piles. They love that kind of stuff. I would try more powerful insect kills and spray inside in every room on the edges where the wall meets the carpet.
post #11 of Old 06-15-2012, 04:49 AM

There are many options that you can get relief from cockroaches. First of all pest control will be the very good options, or else You can buy baygon spray and many sparays availble in the market. Just spray on cockroaches and they kill very easily.
post #12 of Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM

Well if you're on a tight budget and would like to work on it yourself, try to clean and rearrange stuffs especially on places that roaches usually appear. Remove things that are not necessary in your house like bottles, plastic containers, etc. Spray every corners of your home with insect killers where roaches are frequent. Always keep your house clean especially the cabinets below the sink and kitchen.
post #13 of Old 06-22-2012, 07:28 AM

You can spray your whole house with inset killer. If you get a good brand made for exactly what your working with, it'll do good. Try that first, if that doesn't work get someone professional.
post #14 of Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunfun View Post
You can spray your whole house with inset killer. If you get a good brand made for exactly what your working with, it'll do good. Try that first, if that doesn't work get someone professional.
Don't you think it's a bad idea to spray the whole house especially if there are children living in? The kids are vulnerable to airborne chemicals from the insect spray. It would be much better to just spray those corners or cabinets where roaches are frequent. Afterall, not all part of her house are infested with cockroaches.
post #15 of Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 AM

There are some tips by using that you can avoid Cockroach in your home
1. Never leave dirty dishes in the sink of the kitchen
2. Always store food in airtight containers and make sure they are covered all time.
3. Make your house clutter free and get rid of all places that can be served as hiding places for cockroaches.
4. You should fix such places that allow the water ton stagnate.
post #16 of Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Get rid of cockroaches can be tough because they can withstand rough environments and hide between small chinks interior cabinets and partitions. Cockroaches can be advised to be both solitary bugs and communal bugs.
post #17 of Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM

Location: Servicing Oakville. Mississauga, Etobicoke & Toronto
cockroaches

Spray to remove them and kill the ones that are alive. The only way to ensure that they stay away is to be meticulous with your cleaning and they will say away. The main area to pay attention to is the kitchen. Clean inside and the outsides of your cupboards. Make sure your garbage pail is kept clean and food free. Clean and spills immediatly and ensure that you clean and wash the house top to bottom weekly.
post #18 of Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 AM

Better

They're among nature's most vile, disgusting critters, and they can be nearly impossible to kick out of your house.
post #19 of Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM

You should keep your kitchen clean in order to avoid cockroaches in future. Use professional cleaning and janitor supplies for it. Also use efficient hygiene supplies and pesticides from a reputed catering equipment store like Akro to deal with such issues.
post #20 of Old 05-25-2019, 05:13 AM

How to eliminate cockroaches

IDENTIFY PROBLEM AREAS WITH FLASHLIGHT AND GLUE STRIPS
When considering what cockroach control method to use, it is best to first examine your home for possible roach infestation sites. Do this by using a flashlight to search popular roach hiding spots, including behind the refrigerator, under the sink, crevices in cabinets and shelves, closet door corners, bathroom cabinets and closets.

Use roach glue strips to locate large infestations. Based on your flashlight inspection, decide on the most strategic areas to place strips. Monitor those areas for a few days to a week. Strips in high-traffic areas will catch the most roaches, and these areas will need the most treatment.

USE CAULK TO CLOSE GAPS TO PREVENT FURTHER INFESTATION
Traps can be effective in reducing existing roach populations, but they won’t get rid of roaches on the outside trying to break in. To prevent a roach infestation from expanding, use caulk to fill possible entry points, including gaps between walls or tile, small crevices and entry holes. It will also help to use weather stripping on doors and window seals.

PLACE GEL BAIT BAIT STATIONS TO EFFECTIVELY REDUCE ROACH POPULATION
Gel bait can be an effective roach killer. Gel bait usually comes in the form of a tube and can be applied under baseboards, in cracks and crevices, and near areas that are most likely to attract roaches. While gel bait can be effective in getting rid of roaches, it can also result in a number of dead roaches lying around your home.

Another popular method when deciding how to kill cockroaches is the use of bait stations. Bait stations work by attracting roaches into stations to feed on poison. The poisoned roach then travels back to its home location, dies and is eaten by the other roaches, further passing on the poison. Bait stations work partially to get rid of roaches, but do not target all roaches in a home. They also pose an issue because they contain poison and look unappealing when scattered around your home. Some roach hotels only contain glue to trap the roaches, not bait and poison them.

BORIC ACID POWDER FOR ADDED EFFECTIVENESS
Boric acid, a substance found in products like clothing detergent and toothpaste, can be one of the best roach killers. Unfortunately, it is also easily misapplied and subject to displacement by air currents, sending the material into areas where children and pets can come into contact with it. Made by chemically combining boron and water, boric acid is low in toxicity to people and pets but deadly to cockroaches. When used incorrectly, boric acid will lose effectiveness and is not typically recommended as the sole method for getting rid of cockroaches.

Tags
floor cleaning , home cleaning , household cleaning , kitchen cleaning , office cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode