How to Kill Mold As Soon As You Find It - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

How to Kill Mold As Soon As You Find It

Black mold as well as other types of mold are a very real and serious problem in many homes every where across the world. This is such a serious problem because mold has the potential to cause health problems in the people who live in the house as well as doing much damage to the house itself, sometimes cause structural damage that can number into the thousands. This article will supply you with some answers on how to kill mold as soon as you find it.

Even though you may have found mold in one area of your house, you should always be checking other parts as well. Sometimes mold can hide in different parts of your home so it's very critical that you check every part, especially cabinets, under rugs and carpets, and in your basement and attic, which are the two places that mold likes to form the most in. Once you have located exactly where every bit of mold is, you then need to find a way to remove it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 AM

There are lots of techniques for get rid of black mold spores. The most cost-effective technique is a bleach treatment. However, the treatment will need to be applying the bleach whole black mold effective area. Just one cup bleach put in gallon of water and applied the whole effective area.

Best Regards,
post #3 of Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 AM

Hi friends,

There are many ways to kill mold and I'd like to share few of them here..

# Tea Tree Treasure
2 teaspoons tea tree oil
2 cups water
Combine in a spray bottle, shake to blend, and spray on problem areas.
Do not rinse. Makes about 2 cups, lasts indefinitely.

# Grapefruit Seed Extract
20 drops grapefruit seed extract
2 cups water

# Vinegar Spray
Straight vinegar reportedly kills 82 percent of mold. Pour some white distilled vinegar straight into a spray bottle, spray on the moldy area, and let set without rinsing if you can put up with the smell. It will dissipate in a few hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Tips to kill mold

1. The first step towards killing mold fungus would be to remove organic debris. These may be large pieces of debris, such as dirt, food crumbs, leaves, and so on. You can either remove them by broom or use vacuum cleaner for the purpose. Do not use disinfectant, as they become inactive when exposed to organic debris.
2. Now, make a soapy solution using detergent and water
3. Make sure that you add enough detergent to make the solution a foamy one.
4. Using a scrub brush, scour the area with the soap and water solution. This helps in removing the organic debris, by physically killing mold fungus and damaging its structure.
5. After scrubbing the area, rinse it thoroughly to remove all the traces of soap. In certain places, rinsing with water cannot be an option. In such a case, dry the area using a wet towel or a vacuum cleaner.
6. Now, mix bleach with water, as per the instructions on the bleach container, which will let you know the concentration needed for the surface area you are cleaning.
7. The last step would be to apply the bleach solution liberally to the area and let dry. This will further kill the mold or fungus, through chemical reactions. Before applying the bleach solution, ensure that you rinse off the soapy solution completely.
8. In case you cannot leave the area to dry, wait for about 10 minutes before mopping it off with a towel or wet vacuum.

Offers commercial and professional Carpet Cleaners London and Commercial Carpet Cleaning.
post #5 of Old 09-07-2010, 05:32 AM

Thank for sharing. I will try vinegar spray.

post #6 of Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 AM

mold removal

Mold is a constant threat to homes throughout the greater Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater's tropical climate. Itís a part of lifeís natural decaying process, but it can cause damage to your home. When you see dark spots growing in your shower or smell mold from a pipe leak, your home might be at risk for a greater mold problem.

So, now, you can also get mold removal service. I have just get this service from the moldremovaltampafl.com
They have just really very good clean up my home and they are also providing 1 year guarantee.

This is relly very nice service which they are providing.
post #7 of Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 AM

mold removal

I am happy to see this post on the forum. I am planning to get rid of the mold that formed in my cabinet with the recent downpour. Your suggestions proved useful.
post #8 of Old 09-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Well, you may try with the vinegar and baking soda. It works.
post #9 of Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Use a fungicide like shockwave fungi stats dont realy work all that well (microban)

tile and grout cleaning
post #10 of Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 AM

I heard about for product like a powder...anybody know anything about it?
post #11 of Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 AM

A powder about mold removing? I think there is but I'm not sure if it works.
post #12 of Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM

Hm powder I haven't heard about that. is it works?

post #13 of Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM

kill mold, save apartment
post #14 of Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM

hahahaha. I would say, kill mold save my bathroom
post #15 of Old 10-25-2010, 07:25 AM

I think that to kill the mold it's easy but the prevention after that is the most important If the mold appears again probably the ventilation is bad and should be fixes...
good ventilation=NO mold

post #16 of Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM

I know you are perfectly right. But how am I suppose to prevent the mold as there's no window in my bathroom?
post #17 of Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 AM

These two companies do a great job with Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, Mold Inspection, Mold Abatement, Mold Cleanup, Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, House Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Floor Waxing, Chimney Cleaning in New Jersey

http://www.absolutelyspotless.us

http://www.absolutelyspotlessmold.com

post #18 of Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mold removal tampa View Post
Hi friends,

There are many ways to kill mold and I'd like to share few of them here..

# Tea Tree Treasure
2 teaspoons tea tree oil
2 cups water

# Grapefruit Seed Extract
20 drops grapefruit seed extract
2 cups water

# Vinegar Spray
Straight vinegar reportedly kills 82 percent of mold. Pour some white distilled vinegar straight into a spray bottle, spray on the moldy area, and let set without rinsing if you can put up with the smell. It will dissipate in a few hours.
These are real nice way to kill molds. But we must not also forget that prevention is better than cure. Keep your house away from any source that can trigger the growing of molds in your house.

Last edited by westflo; 08-26-2011 at 11:58 AM.
post #19 of Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 AM

To kill the mold, pour some bleach on the stained areas, rub it in with a scrub brush and let it sit for a few hours. Come back with a small amount of cold water and pour enough on the areas to clean up the bleach and the mold. It should be noted that the mold will stain anything it touches black, even when dead.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #20 of Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Cleaning Mold

Mathewl is right. You can't just spray disinfectants on, you need to physically remove the mold first. As a general rule, simply killing the mold with a biocide is not enough. The mold must be removed since the chemicals and proteins, which cause a reaction in humans, are still present even in dead mold. Another thing, the visible mold may just be the tip of the iceberg - there may be mold inside the drywall and in the subfloor. Also the HVAC system may be contaminated. I wouldn't promise to permanently eliminate the mold problem for someone, I would just promise to take care of what I could see. if you are doing basic house cleaning. Mold remediation is a specialty. In any case I would wear rubber gloves and a resiprator if I was cleaning up mold

Cape Cod Window Cleaning

Last edited by april1979; 06-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode