Tips to kill mold
1. The first step towards killing mold fungus would be to remove organic debris. These may be large pieces of debris, such as dirt, food crumbs, leaves, and so on. You can either remove them by broom or use vacuum cleaner for the purpose. Do not use disinfectant, as they become inactive when exposed to organic debris.
2. Now, make a soapy solution using detergent and water
3. Make sure that you add enough detergent to make the solution a foamy one.
4. Using a scrub brush, scour the area with the soap and water solution. This helps in removing the organic debris, by physically killing mold fungus and damaging its structure.
5. After scrubbing the area, rinse it thoroughly to remove all the traces of soap. In certain places, rinsing with water cannot be an option. In such a case, dry the area using a wet towel or a vacuum cleaner.
6. Now, mix bleach with water, as per the instructions on the bleach container, which will let you know the concentration needed for the surface area you are cleaning.
7. The last step would be to apply the bleach solution liberally to the area and let dry. This will further kill the mold or fungus, through chemical reactions. Before applying the bleach solution, ensure that you rinse off the soapy solution completely.
8. In case you cannot leave the area to dry, wait for about 10 minutes before mopping it off with a towel or wet vacuum.