ideas on bedroom and living room furniture - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-18-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

ideas on bedroom and living room furniture

My family and I are moving to our new condo which we bought recently from a Richmond Hill condos. The condo is really our dream come true. The builders has already cleaned the condo But I was thinking of cleaning it again thoroughly as my husband is allergic to dust. He starts sneezing when he inhales dust. I know and used to clean regularly as it can keep the windows sparkling without any streaks or grime. I used to:
Use a squeegee to clean the glass perfectly without leaving any spots.
Wash the windows on a cloudy day because the sun dry the window wash leaving residue and streaks.
Use cotton swabs to clean the glass perfectly
But since it is first time cleaning after the developing do you think I have to go for a professional cleaning service??
Please help me out here…

Last edited by amanda1; 04-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-19-2018, 07:29 AM

I dont think you need a pro for this, since you are used to cleaning for your husband. Construction dust can be tricky to remove, so just take your time, and trust your senses. I am sure others here will encourage you to hire a pro, mostly likely their own company! But you can do this job and save a lot of money. Good luck!
post #3 of Old 04-02-2018, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Yeah... I can do that.. But, it is for the first time before moving in... that is the reason I am rethinking about cleaning it up myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-03-2018, 07:42 AM

Well, it is your call on it. Do what you think is best. If you hire someone, do call their references, and read reviews of their work online and dont actually hire them until you do. Not all house cleaning people are as good as they claim to be. It is like any other business, some are great and some are not.
post #5 of Old 05-31-2018, 06:25 AM

If I was in your situation, then I would prefer to hire professional cleaners for removing dust from the areas because a professional can clean the surroundings much better. So, I believe in hiring professionals. Rest depends upon you.
post #6 of Old 05-31-2018, 07:38 AM

I suppose it depends on how bad the post-construction dust/dirt situation is in your home. Only you can judge that. It could be just too much for you, or it might be something you CAN do.
post #7 of Old 06-28-2018, 03:39 PM

Definitely you don't need a professional service. You are cleaning your your family and by my opinion that's the reason why you'll be super motivated to clean every single detail of that place!
Hope you'll have a great time there!

My best friend just had a baby, and she's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is crazy. grin:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode