Just starting... Warning - real life details some people are scared to hear - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-25-2015, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Just starting... Warning - real life details some people are scared to hear

For those of you just starting..... it depends what your goal is. None of these are terrible, it's YOUR life but don't fool yourself. Be honest with yourself and choose one. Do you want to make a little extra spending money? Do you want to give it a half assed try (usually these people tell others they want to make lots of money and have workers but just don't have the gumption to do it), maybe clean a few houses but always be stuck in a rut? Do you want to be a success while cleaning alone, maybe 1 helper but nothing big? Or do you dream of having 20 customers per day, having a big company and making a real career out of cleaning? I can help you with them all.

If you just want to make some extra money... no need to really get very excited about it. Get a few customers the best way you can and be happy for the extra money. Travel or do fun things with the extra money!

If you want to give it a half assed shot... basically do the same as above except you will always be depressed because you don't make any real money. When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired maybe you will want to either do something different that actually makes money or get serious about cleaning and make real money.

Do you want to clean alone or maybe have 1 helper.... get your schedule filled up and then you can weed out the bad customers and replace them with houses you love to clean. You will probably make a decent living and be happy at work. Working a 40 hour week you can EASILY make way over $40k a year and still have a week or 2 vacation.

Do you want to have a business with workers and a lot of clients.... before you start you will WRITE your plan of action. From the very start you will work more than 24 hours a day. If there is a way to squeeze 25 hours out of a day you will figure it out. You have time for not much else but your business. Vacations are a thing of the past for a few years. You are thinking about your business every waking second. You get out there and do what it takes to make your plan take shape. Will you succeed? Sure you will if you put enough effort in to it. But.... I have kids/husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/mother/father/grandparent/other that needs my attention part of the day.... I'm not going to say you won't make it but the odds are slim to none. The reason isn't because it can't be done. Some people do it but I doubt you will. The reason is because you will say that today I need to do x for this person or that person so I'll do twice as much for the cleaning business tomorrow. Tomorrow gets here and the same thing happens so it just becomes a snowball. Next thing you know it's 3 months and you've passed out 715 flyers and got 1 call. But you will start tomorrow...... those of you that don't dedicate your full time to it should call yourselves DoLittle Cleaning. Because you Do Little.

This is a reality check. If it wakes 1 person up to do more then it was a success. You can make a LOT of money cleaning houses. I know, I've done it. I keep trying to get out of it but it makes so much money I can't pull myself away! Today I averaged $136 an hour (holiday so I charged more). And that didn't include the $100 tip for doing a perfect job! Plus I had 2 others working. If you're going to do this.... commit yourself and make sure to clean right. Half ass cleaning usually ends up making you half ass of the wages I make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-16-2015, 01:20 PM

when is your E-book coming out?
post #3 of Old 09-16-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Working on it, although it's not a book. It' a website.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode