Kitchen Floor Question - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Question Kitchen Floor Question

I have a number of floors that look like this to clean and the typical lysol mop, then wet mop, then mop'n'glow mop job has no effect. You can see the dirt caked in on these floors afterwards in the following picture. How do you get these floors looking great? I don't have a professional buffer or special equipment. I am using mops and store bought cleaners. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Mop & Glo??? I thought they banned that when they banned rat poison.

Usually what we do doesn't work for anyone else in the world but... we use water and get this.... sit down for this one..... elbow grease! Yeah.... we actually put some muscle behind the rag we use when we are on our hands & knees. Our customers are so glad they have us clean for them. If you do these types of things they give you great tips each time. Heck, we don't even look at them as tips anymore... we just assume they are going to pay us over what we bid them at. Our regular customers give us from $10-$40 extra each time we clean. I guess WE should be thankful for them but I think they look at it as THEY are thankful for us....
post #3 of Old 05-15-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Surely you don't sit on the floor with a bucket of water and scrub each inch like in bootcamp for hours per floor do you? What would you use to scrub it with that would be safe for it? A sponge or washcloth would do the job would it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-17-2011, 05:24 AM

It look very dirty. Why don't you consult any Floor Cleaning Expert? I have have no. 1-800-949-0142 or you can choose perfect floor cleaning product and floor mops.

Floor Refinishing Products | Awesome Household Products
post #5 of Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

I've decided to try the oxygen bleach approach.
post #6 of Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM

I usually clean them on hands & knees with wet microfiber cloths, and then go over them with the Bona microfiber mop and the Bona tile, laminate, and stone floor cleaner. Great results
post #7 of Old 05-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofknowledge View Post
Surely you don't sit on the floor with a bucket of water and scrub each inch like in bootcamp for hours per floor do you? What would you use to scrub it with that would be safe for it? A sponge or washcloth would do the job would it?
It doesn't take as long as you'd think, and the results are excellent.
post #8 of Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

I'll report back the result of the oxygen bleach and deck brush approach with a picture.

The way it was explained to me was you pour on the oxygen bleach solution and let it work for 30 minutes (if it sinks it pour more) and then hit it with the deck brush and wet mop it all up afterwards.

The people who told me this said it works better than anything they have ever tried and is completely safe to the floor, rugs, etc.. that it comes in contact with (and is non-toxic) as the oxygen just digs in on the molecular level loosening up the caked in grime.

We shall see. I've ordered it and am waiting for it come. I'll post back the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristine Pixie View Post
It doesn't take as long as you'd think, and the results are excellent.
post #9 of Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

OK! The solution to the problem was to order some oxygen bleach (it was cheap), mix it up in a bucket of hot water, spread it out on the filthy tile and let it sit for an hour, then hit with a deck brush. Viole`. Looks like the day they laid the tile.

Easy as can be.

Now I tried TSP, 409, scrubsoap, etc... scrubbing on hands and knees with brillo pads for hours and got almost nowhere.

The Oxygen bleach was like MAGIC!!!

I did read there is some special bathroom tile that nothing works on except grinding and sealing but that aside, this stuff cleans any tile I put on it making it look brand new.
post #10 of Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 AM

Here is a bit about O2 bleach .
Here is a site which has 50 pounds of sodium percarbonate for about $100.00 delivered to California.

Last edited by MikeFromHC; 06-05-2011 at 01:43 AM.
post #11 of Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM

May be this will help you! Akro catering provides special floor products for commercial kitchens which are very effective. You can try their product which is affordable too and I am sure all stains etc will be removed.
post #12 of Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 AM

Before you clean your floors always check with the manufacturer for their suggestion on how to keep the floor. This is important because of the warranty on your floor covering. It can be destroyed using the wrong cleaning products. Cleaning your floor should prove to be very simple when you tips for cleaning the kitchen floor tiles used.
post #13 of Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starramp View Post
Before you clean your floors always check with the manufacturer for their suggestion on how to keep the floor. This is important because of the warranty on your floor covering. It can be destroyed using the wrong cleaning products. Cleaning your floor should prove to be very simple when you tips for cleaning the kitchen floor tiles used.
I agree, some cleaning solution and equipment will damage your floor.
post #14 of Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Typically, I use hot water/Murphy's Oil Soap. The Murphy's is great on pretty much everything (including marble!). Sometimes I'll spray it and let it soak a minute on a nonporus floor. At home, I use bleach and hot water, but then again, I'm not putting an expensive carpet/bathmat on it after I'm done.
post #15 of Old 05-17-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofknowledge View Post
OK! The solution to the problem was to order some oxygen bleach (it was cheap), mix it up in a bucket of hot water, spread it out on the filthy tile and let it sit for an hour, then hit with a deck brush. Viole`. Looks like the day they laid the tile.

Easy as can be.

Now I tried TSP, 409, scrubsoap, etc... scrubbing on hands and knees with brillo pads for hours and got almost nowhere.

The Oxygen bleach was like MAGIC!!!

I did read there is some special bathroom tile that nothing works on except grinding and sealing but that aside, this stuff cleans any tile I put on it making it look brand new.
I agree oxygen bleach is excellent on tiles!

Cleaners in Preston
post #16 of Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Cleaning the kitchen floor

Your kitchen floor is likely made from one of the following materials: vinyl, ceramic tile, laminate, or wood. For common kitchen spills, such as food, grease, or sticky messes, first attack the spot with a damp paper towel. If that doesn’t work, concentrate your efforts with the appropriate cleaners for each floor type and a little bit of elbow grease.
post #17 of Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 AM

To clean floor tiles, mix any high-quality oxygen bleach with warm water and stir it until it dissolves. Then pour the solution onto the floor tile so the grout lines are flooded with the solution. It's best to apply the oxygen-bleach solution to dry grout so it soaks deeply. Let the solution sit on the grout for at least 15 minutes. If it completely soaks into the grout, add more solution, making sure there is always plenty of the cleaning liquid on the grout.

post #18 of Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 AM

vacuum cleaner for kitchen

first you use your best vacuum cleaner in the kitchen area and surfaces. Then apply bleach over the surface and make cleaning activity. After cleaning with bleach again do use vacuum cleaner twice. Now after this process your kitchen gets cleaned.

Tags
clean floor , floor refinishing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode