Looking to start cleaning business with Steam Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-05-2016, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Looking to start cleaning business with Steam Cleaning

Hello. I am new to this forum and have been looking into starting my own cleaning business. I am glad I came across this forum. So I am currently a graphic designer and have been designing my postcards, doorhangers, business cards, forms, etc. The only thing I cannot design is my own website but with a little research i may be able to do that as well. I am planning on going door to door in all the homes throughout my city. Is this a good way to start? Plan on doing craigslist, thumbtack, adwords, and anything else I can think of.

But I have another question as well. In my research of cleaning I came across a Dupray Steam machine. It is unbelievable, can clean anything you can think of. So I was curious if anybody else uses steamers to clean. It seems like everyone here uses strictly chemicals to clean. In my research it seems like a high end steamer like Duprays can clean everything faster, using no chemicals and do a much better job especially when it comes to tough to get scuffs, stains, and grease in the kitchen. Steams the windows and mirrors leaving no marks, and a host of other things. Does anybody have any experience using a high end machine. You are all the professionals so I thought it would be a good place to ask. Seems to me like you would really limit the chemicals, which saves money, and also is faster. It seems so logical to me to just get a nice machine which would be able to do anything I need in the house. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said you are the professionals and I would really like to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-05-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Now I know you don't steam clean everything obviously, it can be harmful and cause damage and you have to be very aware of what you are cleaning.
Is this type of cleaning frowned upon in the residential cleaning business? I like the idea of being very econ friendly and cutting back costs on chemicals alot though.
I like the idea of being able to clean tough stough with ease, like ovens.
post #3 of Old 08-19-2016, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

I received my Dupray steamer the other day and have been going to town with it. Cleaned my oven out in 40 minutes, had it looking new with 12 years of buildup on it. Did a terrific job with the stains that have been building in my showers. Upholstery cleaning, did my mattress for bed bugs. Detailed my car, removed everthing out of the upholstery and did a fantastic job on the carpets. Going to practice for a month with it. Overall super happy with the machine so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode