Man vs Woman Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Man vs Woman Cleaning

I'm used to having referrals as my main way to get new business...

I've tried advertising over the last few months and nada... Beginning to wonder if people who don't know me might have a problem with a man cleaning instead of a woman?

You know, the man of the house not wanting some dude cleaning especially when his wife is home or a woman not sure if she can trust a guy doing the cleaning...

Maybe it's just the crappy economy and the fact that there are so many people cleaning homes than there were years ago and doing it for dirt cheap!

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

If we are talking about residential cleaning I would definitely prefer to have a lady cleaning a house, or a crew of a few ladies, or a crew of a few ladies and a man. But definitely not one man and not a crew of a few men. I think that ladies pay more attention to the details.
However when we are talking about a commercial cleaning, I wouldn't mind to see a man on the job.
post #3 of Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM

Last edited by brasher_01; 07-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM

When I did residential cleaning, I had no trouble in getting jobs as I found that a lot of women preferred a man doing the cleaning because they can do more as far as harder tasks. Lady cleaners they said that they loved to talk talk talk whereas a man just gets on with it. Some of them didn't employ anything but men cleaners. That was 20 or so years ago so times may have changed but when I had a cleaner doing my house, I didn't care, male or female as long as they did what they were paid to do.
post #5 of Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Sounds good. I think, if anything, over the 20 years people would be more open to it. There probably is going to be that small percentage that shy away from it but overall I don't think it would be enough to make a huge impact.

My wife and I both work so I wouldn't have a problem with a male doing it.
post #6 of Old 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with a man cleaning my house at all. I'd look for someone who was insured and perhaps bonded - their sex or gender doesn't matter to me at all.
post #7 of Old 02-13-2011, 06:18 AM

Its doesn't matter if any of the two sexes will do the cleaning problem as long as it gonna work the job. In our time now we are the same.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #8 of Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 PM

I don't think that there is any problem with having a cleaning"man". Pretty sure they could do the job just as well as any woman out there. I think for most women it would be a safety issue. For women, we are usually taught at a young age that we shouldn't trust any man that comes to our door... gas company, water company...espec. if we are alone. I still have my neighbor come over when I have an appt with the cable guy.
Guess we can mark that down to over protective parents.... or too much America's Most Wanted lol

www.discountcleaningproducts.com

Last edited by mandydcp; 02-15-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
post #9 of Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM

male cleaners

Some women would rather hire a male cleaner because they think that a woman would be more likely to judge their house. Women can be self-conscious about another woman being judgemental of their decor, cleaning ability and so forth. Also, many women esp. older women like for my husband to be able to move heavy items in their house, and do other things that require muscle. Being a man has it's advantages, you just need to establish trust. A website with your picture on it, and being licensed and insured helps with that. There's no shame in a man cleaning!

Bremerton Window Cleaning & Janitorial
post #10 of Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 AM

As far as the cleaning itself, it doesn't matter what make or model you are. What matters is if you care about what you're doing. I can go in anyones house they just cleaned and find 5 things wrong... no one is perfect. On the other hand, lots of people are just there to pick up the check and could care less how much hair is left in the tub or if they suck at dusting or not.

As far as taking calls for cleaning from potential new customers... I think a female voice has the advantage here. I actually bought a thing that changes your voice but it did not work well at all... I was trying to make my voice sound like a female. lol
post #11 of Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 AM

In my opinion women keep their place clean than men. And this is the fact.
post #12 of Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Who keeps a house cleaner isn't the question. Who does a better job cleaning is the question. But I think what manmaid is wondering is if people have the perception men do not do as good of a job. I don't think people have that perception. I think some females don't want to be alone with a male in the house. Personally, we don't have room in our company for people like that so I don't worry about them. We don't let just anyone be a client of our company just as they don't let just anyone clean for them.

But... where do you get these facts from? Having been in business for almost 13 years and having been a very big company at one time I have been in thousands of houses and I'd have to say that is not true at all.
post #13 of Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM

for me, doesn't matter. if they came from same cleaning company. they have the same drill and task to do. i think.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Calgary Plumbing and Heating
post #14 of Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 PM

I think there could definitely be some culture bias towards women cleaning. I don't know for sure though. When i was doing more property management stuff I remember a lot of guys doing the cleaning.
post #15 of Old 02-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Put God 1st in your life brother

Believe in what you do and achievement is guaranteed. The problem with people today is they get down on their self when all they have to do is leave it up to who made you cause worry solves nothing.
post #16 of Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 AM

I very much agree with Ayetti.

It is culture based. One needs to take account of the individualist vs the collectivist approach. It is human nature that a husband will not feel comfortable when there is a another man in the house cleaning when his wife is alone at home.

Also women are better at keeping things cleaner then men. That how they have been since evolution, being housewives. But globalization is changing everything now.
post #17 of Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM

It doesn't matter for me. But I know aging couple, friends of mine. They still do cleaning service as a duet. What they say is that many of their customers didn't want them to come back because of "the guy".

Janna's Cleaning Service has been servicing North Jersey Area since 1994.
http://www.jannascleaning.com
post #18 of Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM

it is really just a residential thing. In commercial it is totally cool, but resi...I don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode