Method and Product for Cleaning Interior Walls - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Method and Product for Cleaning Interior Walls

Hello All,

I am wondering if anybody could share their advice regarding the process they use for cleaning painted plaster walls inside the home, as well as what products you use?

In my mind, I am thinking that the following process may work well:
- Create a solution of hot water and dish detergent / degreaser in a large bucket
- Dip a sponge mop into the solution, ring out very well ensuring minimal moisture
- Clean the walls from left to right (or right to left ), scrubbing where necessary.
- Spot clean any stubborn spots with magic marker / sugar soap.

What effective methods do you use?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM

Do you want natural method or any method of cleaning???
post #3 of Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Either would be great, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-07-2014, 03:44 AM

You can use Hydra Teamclean, it is a bio product.

For more details, visit this site:- http://hydra-int.com/commercial-floo...ng-liquid.html
post #5 of Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Norwex is also an all natural green cleaning. Use only water or their non-toxic cleaners. The mop system is amazing at cleaning walls and is specifically designed to do that. Message me for how to order or details.
post #6 of Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 AM

You can also add vinegar to your solution if you want to remove any particular stain, either cleaning with detergent and warm water is a common and good technique.
post #7 of Old 11-06-2014, 02:19 PM

I use magic erasers for cleaning walls and they work very well.
post #8 of Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 AM

You have to decide which paint should you use for your interior or exterior wall. Decide between water-based paint and oil-based paint. The proper painting techniques will also enhance the lighting and the look of your furniture.
post #9 of Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 PM

Washing Walls and Ceilings is easy with the O-Cedar Floor N More Mop

I've been running a cleaning business since 1997 and discovered a good bit of my business comes from washing walls. My first house wasn't fun at first, washing walls and ceilings by hand.

Then I discovered the O-Cedar Floor N More Mop. Although it is a floor mop, it works great on walls and ceilings, too. It works with 2 types of machine washable pads -- 100% terry towel pads and micro-fiber pads.

With the O-Cedar Floor N More Mop, you can wash walls much quicker. What could have taken me a week to wash the walls and ceilings takes no more than 5 hours with the O-Cedar Floor N More Mop. I wouldn't be in business without it!

The O-Cedar Floor N More Mop only costs about $12.95, and it includes a pad. Refill pads cost about $5 at the Home Depot. It will save you time and energy washing walls and ceilings. It pays for itself!
post #10 of Old 01-13-2015, 08:48 PM

The products and equipment I use for cleaning walls

The O'Cedar Hardwood Floor N' More Mop is the piece of equipment I use to wash walls and ceilings. The cleaning product I use is Spin and Span for painted walls and ceilings and Murphy's Oil Soap for paneled or wall papered walls. The mop cleans walls and ceilings very efficiently.
post #11 of Old 01-13-2015, 09:45 PM

Method and product for cleaning interior walls

This article might help:

http://www.cleanwithasmile.blogspot....-is-cinch.html
post #12 of Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 PM

I think it's good that you wash walls but it's very odd because since 1998 I've never been asked to wash walls. It's odd because I've had lots of employees and lots of customers and none have ever talked about washing a wall. I hope it's easy work and it pays well.
post #13 of Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 AM

What kind of cleaning do you do?

What kind of cleaning do you do? Regular cleaning?

I have more of a spring cleaning business. Most of my clients I see once every 1-2 years to wash their walls. Most of the clients I wash walls for are senior citizens who have washed walls but are now too old to do it.

I've been changing on average $35/room.

I have done some regular cleaning but it would conflict with wall washing jobs, so I cut out the regular cleaning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode