Ms. T - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Ms. T

Just like to say hello to everyone! I have done construction clean up, but never residential cleaning. I am get offers on residential cleaning and move out cleaning. I really do not know how to charge! Can someone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-12-2006, 08:49 PM

Welcome to the site Teresa. Glad you came over from ContractorTalk.com. I am working on building this site up so hopefully there will be more help for you soon.

I'm better at getting work than being about to tell you how to charge. But in general you know how long it takes you to clean a house and how much you need to make a day to live (plus materials). If you have an idea of how long it will take you then you should be able to come up with some prices.
If your really stuck you can always just price some jobs and see what happens. I remember estimating my first paint job and I was way high (about twice what I should have been). It was kind of embarrassing but I learned real quick when the customer showed me their last estimate.

When you have done construction clean up is that for residential work all the way till the new homeowner moves in? If so I would work a deal with the builder to leave your business card in the home when the homeowners move in or maybe insert a coupon into their welcome kit. When I worked for Lennar Homes we had this type of arrangement with our landscaper and he got a lot of work.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #3 of Old 06-14-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Nathan that is some good Advice.. I replyed to the wrong page..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Hi Ms.T ...For Post-Construction cleanup, are you insured? I have been considering to lean toward post-construction. But I have no idea where to start, like start mailing flyers to construction contractors in the phone book?...Please help anyone.
Thanks
post #5 of Old 06-28-2006, 10:48 AM

would you be doing this for builders or for remodeling contractors? I know when I worked for a major builder there was a main office that building partners could go to and apply for work. You can find out where the office is by contacting the sales office or construction manager on site.

The biggest issue our building partners ran into was the high insurance requirements however the consistent work flow made it worth it.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #6 of Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 PM

hi teressa
i have also done construction and renovation cleaning. Also do residential cleaning. for construction and renovation cleaning I charge $350 per person per day (10 hour days) as I pay my cleaners well. For domestic cleaning I have a minimum rtae of 3 hours @ $40 p/h. If they purchase a set number of cleaning hours the rate gose down depending on the number of hours purchase.
I also present all my customers with terms and condition of my service, the rates for my service and a contact page etc. When they sign the terms & condition I start the cleaning and usuealy I get paid in advance.
I hope that this helps

vbmenu_register("postmenu_53", true);

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode