NASTY Stove Top - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LWhite

post #1 of Old 08-07-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Question NASTY Stove Top

We just purchased a home. I have darn near broken my arm trying to get the previous owners ick off of the gas stove cooktop and that stuff is NOT budging! I've tried hot soapy water (soaked for 48 hours) and I've tried Soft Scrub (tried putting it on and cleaning it immediately and I tried spreading Soft Scrub all over and letting it sit for 48 hours). Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A.jpg (54.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg B.jpg (43.1 KB, 12 views)
momentum likes this.

Last edited by LWhite; 08-07-2017 at 05:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 AM

Make use of detergent, hot water and a good brush. Before that sprinkle some baking soda on the spots and let it sit there for 15 minutes then try cleaning with the brush. Ater that try the detergent solution of hot water. repeat the process two to three times it will go.
post #3 of Old 08-08-2017, 08:06 AM

My sympathies to you! A lot of people do not bother to clean up gas stoves after every use. And that is the only way it is going to stay clean and sanitary. I agree with the person above. I would also try an OXI type cleaner, hydrogen peroxide to be exact. They do no act like normal bleach and are safe. I would also try one of those foaming bathtub sprays, and let it sit a long time. Baking soda is a safe enough abrasive, and I would use a scrub pad made for "non stick" pots and pans.
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Simple....Buy yellow can of EASY OFF oven cleaner! Spray heavily, let sit and soak for about an hour! Use gloves to clean away! It will burn your skin. I don't know if you wanted chemical free but this is the best!!
post #5 of Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM

As for good brushes: ones made by Libman are really good. I bought one 4 years ago and it has served me well. I use it on any heavy duty cleaning job I have.
post #6 of Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 PM

Hello friends,
all your tips are quite helpful. A shining stove is a comfy place for your containers and pans to whip up delicious meals, therefore its regular cleaning is must. You can use acidic vinegar and baking soda as they are an effective solution for cleaning. This idea totally works. Make sure you use a well ventilated area because of the ammonia Fumes.Keep sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #7 of Old 10-13-2017, 05:59 PM

Hey, let us know how you fare with this! Gas stoves are a royal pain to clean. I know the supposedly cook better, but the extra work may not be worth it. Same with stainless steel appliances They LOOK pretty but are a PIA to clean. Personally, I would never choose a gas stove or stainless appliances. I have better ways to spend my time. Same with granite. Looks nice but not easy to care for. Give me a quartz counter top or polished cement - any old day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode