New Employee Handbook - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

New Employee Handbook

Hi! I have been operating a one person cleaning biz for a little while now and am finding that I am turning down business just from word of mouth because I can't handle all the work. So I have been working hard on getting everything in place to hire an employee or two part time. I am so scared! I have very high standards and have set it up where I have "training houses" available to train them. But what I don't have is a good, comprehensive employee handbook or anything. I know these things are time consuming...and that is the problem! I have seen, and checked out, some great references for other things like this from others on this forum. Does anyone have a good template or anything to refer to that I can use to cover my bases...at least until I understand what bases I have that need to be covered! Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Alpine,

I PM'ed you.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 04-27-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Torrey, I replied to you privately but just wanted to say how much I appreciate you sharing your resources. It is so nice for me as a newbie in the industry to have a forum like this where I can read about other peoples experiences and ask questions. Like the Masercard commercials say, it's "priceless"!
-Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Good looking out Torrey!

Alpine - I have an employee handbook template as well if you need one to get you started, just let me know
post #5 of Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 AM

Teh US Forest Service also has an employee handbook on their website. unfortunatly, I cannot find the web site. Their template is completly changable to fit your needs. It is in Word form. If I find the site, I will post it here.
post #6 of Old 04-28-2008, 01:07 AM

post #7 of Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Nolo Press Employee Handbook

Hi Everyone!

I used the Employee Handbook guide by Nolo Press. They make the best legal resources out there for small businesses. Here is the link from the Nolo Press website, however you can definitely find one at your local library. The book comes with a cd, so you can just download the template onto your computer and insert your own information.

http://www.nolo.com/product.cfm/obje...4534B9A7C/111/
post #8 of Old 06-20-2008, 04:04 PM

Thumbs up employee handbook template

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
Good looking out Torrey!

Alpine - I have an employee handbook template as well if you need one to get you started, just let me know
could you please send me a copy of an employee handbook template to [email protected]
thanks so much
post #9 of Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
If you look in my signature link there are forms to download for free if that helps. My employee handbook is on the computer that died this week. I can see if I can get one recovered for you.

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #10 of Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM

Employee Handbook

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum as of today. I also have the same question. I have a small cleaning business and have hired a few people. I'm learning that I need to have something to set up some policies for my company. Dress code is looking like a real issue. Can someone help me with an employee handbook? Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm a little stressed out. I really want my business to succeed but am finding theres more to it than teaching people how to clean. Any start up advice is deeply appreciated.
post #11 of Old 08-04-2012, 06:09 AM

This is really bad condition for your business and it may decrease your company reputation. You should hire immediately trained persons who can help you in your business. Really you need more dedication and professionalism in your business to grow up.
post #12 of Old 08-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Yeah, teaching people how to clean is about the smallest part of the cleaning business. Marketing, book keeping, accounting, baby sitting and problem solving will come up way more than cleaning will.

Sit down at your computer and at the top of the page type out the first problem that comes to your head... so let's say...

Dress Code:
Now tell them how you want them to dress or not dress.

Insert your next problem or potential problem here:
Insert your answer to the problem/potential problem here.

And so on:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode