New to giving Quotes/bids - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

New to giving Quotes/bids

***posted this first in the Commercial Cleaning with 11 views but no responses, thought I would try here**

I am a residential cleaner who was offered to do a bit of janitorial work for a friends new business and he has asked me to give him a quote. I normally just charge by the hour for residential and never have to give a quote by paper or email...... I was wondering if there is a basic template for square footage quoting.... I have an idea of what I am charging per square but am still very ignorant on it all and how to present to the company.... Any advice is great....
Thanks in Advance.
Oh and I went on Monday for the "tour" and he didn't care when I have him the quote by.... What is the ideal time frame??
As well as would like others square footage cost?? This job is basically just vacuuming about 1000 sq ft and then about 1000 sq ft of 4 bathrooms....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-04-2016, 08:42 AM

You should try a janitorial software like janbid. There are others out there. I wouldn't charge less than $200 on small commercial cleaning accounts or you'll have staffing issues later. A real rough estimate for cleaning a small account would be $25-30 an hour on small commercial cleaning accounts or lower as the accounts start to get bigger than 5,000-10,000+sq.ft. the price per hour could go down significantly. The more days the customer requests for cleaning also lowers the price. You can use other methods of pricing also. Another is price per sq. ft. You will have to determine first what methods of pricing works for you and don't be afraid to ask the customer if it's in line with their budget or ask for their price range first. I'll be posting pricing soon on my website to give a better estimate of pricing. Be careful not to low bid prices, our will cause problems with your c commercial cleaning company as you grow. How I've helped.
post #3 of Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 AM

When giving a price for anything I usually like to keep my money in my pocket and just use the calculator that I've had for about 10 years. Yeah.... who knew you could come up with every bid you ever needed to know using the $5 calculator. And if you want to save the $5 you can do the SIMPLE 3rd grade math in your head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-05-2016, 07:40 AM

I am new to this as well and am curious on how people bid. If you do it by rooms do you charge a certain amount per room?
post #5 of Old 08-20-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSteam View Post
I am new to this as well and am curious on how people bid. If you do it by rooms do you charge a certain amount per room?
I'm very new with my business and still struggling with this. Competing with the bigger companies can be tough.
post #6 of Old 08-21-2016, 02:58 PM

IMO - this is a residential cleaning application done in a business setting. I would charge by the hour - with a 2 hour minimum. Agree with Sprint, ideally, you should be able to get to the point of bidding these smaller jobs on site so you can get to the business of closing. True commercial is a more complicated bidding process - up to a 2 day time frame for submitting a bid seems reasonable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode