New post construction cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-17-2018, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

New post construction cleaning

Hi. I am new at post construction cleaning and need to know how i should bid. First bid is for a finished basement 1 bedroom 1 bath and 1 living space at 900 SQFT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-17-2018, 05:10 PM

Cant hep you with that, but do be careful how you clean this space. Post construction dust can be quite harmful for you when you breathe it in. When I was a real newbie I took on a post construction job - a new house. What I did NOT know was that the workers were still there, grinding down the cement for a new tile floor! OMG the dust was simply unbelievable, and I wish I had just walked off the job and said good riddance. It wasnt safe for me, and it wasnt even a good way to CLEAN this house. The owner is a physician, and he should have known better, but then, I am an RN and I should have! Never again will I attempt a job like that. I dont think there is a safe way to mask up to avoid breathing in that sort of stuff, and I dont carry masks anyway. Be careful! And good luck - someone will be able to help you with pricing.
post #3 of Old 05-18-2018, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to jbell0129
we do post constructions..you need to find out the average price per sq ft in the area. usually between 10 cents and 50 cents a sq foot. i would probably be going around 20 cents. if it were me. i would defintely be researching ALL the equipment you need to get the job done. u have to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to jbell0129
maybe a bit more if there is more to be done...take in account the TIME it will take. thats what is a factor as well.
post #5 of Old 05-19-2018, 09:08 AM

Being safe in this work is very important. I worry about those people who use backpack vacuums! They put a huge strain on your back. Every photo I have seen of people using one show them bent over under the weight.

As for your question - perhaps you need to find out more information about the actual job. This will help you decide on price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode