None Toxic Cleaning Tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-09-2008, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

None Toxic Cleaning Tips

Avoid using chemicals in your cleaning, with these useful tips:

- For a toilet, use a glass cleaner made with vinegar, water, and Castile soap and scrub inside and out. For deeper stains, use a soft scrub made from baking soda and Castile soap. For good measure, I gave my toilet brush a spray of vinegar before placing back in its holder.

- To clean the bath tub an ethical way, start with vinegar spray to kill red and green molds and other germs, then rinse and move onto a baking soda soft scrub and get out your scrub brush.

- To clean chrome drain covers, tub chains, and mixer valves, use the glass cleaner and scrub with a toothbrush.

- Soak handheld plastic showerheads in baking soda and use your scrub brush or toothbrush in crevices. Soak metal showerheads in vinegar and scrub.

- For stainless steel and ceramic kitchen sinks, baking soda works as well as conventional bleach powders. Use the vinegar spray or tea tree spray for germs.

- On sink faucets and mirrors, use the vinegar-based glass cleaner.

Anyone has more tips to add to this list?

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-12-2015, 09:32 AM

Great tips and very useful! Thanks a lot!
Cleaners Sands-End
post #3 of Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 AM

Wonderful tips for None Toxic Cleaning. There are growing number of commercial non-toxic home cleaning products are also available but these are very costly.

Last edited by stevewilliams; 03-28-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-20-2015, 06:14 AM

I've been cleaning for quite sometime now and I honestly think there is no such thing as non-toxic. Everything is toxic. It's just a matter of which is less of a poison that gives better output. Even green cleaning agents like vinegar are toxic for certain materials.
post #5 of Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 AM

5 Basics for Non-Toxic Cleaning,
Here are the five ingredients that I find to be the safest, most effective, and useful for cleaning.

Baking Soda:
A commonly available mineral full of many cleaning attributes, baking soda is made from soda ash, and is slightly alkaline (its pH is around 8.1; 7 is neutral).

Washing Soda:
A chemical neighbor of baking soda, washing soda (sodium carbonate) is much more strongly alkaline, with a pH around 11.

White Vinegar and Lemon Juice:
White vinegar and lemon juice are acidic—they neutralize alkaline substances such as scale from hard water. Acids dissolve gummy buildup, eat away tarnish, and remove dirt from wood surfaces.

Liquid Soaps and Detergent:
Liquid soaps and detergents are necessary for cutting grease, and they are not the same thing. Soap is made from fats and lye.

Mold Killers and Disinfectants:
For a substance to be registered by the EPA as a disinfectant it must go through extensive and expensive tests.

Residential cleaning services In Franklin
http://www.jeanannecleaningservices.com
post #6 of Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 AM

Yes, products made at home are safer for health of the family and pets. They are environmentally friendly compared to toxic chemical products on supermarket shelves.
post #7 of Old 05-05-2015, 03:08 AM

Great tips! I was of the thought that cleaning tools or liquids used must be harsh chemicals that should be able to kill the bacteria. But lately did I know that it equally is dangerous to the inmates in the house. I usually hire the service of Sunrise cleaning from Toronto. I've seen their work and it is environment friendly. Thanks for the tips again!
post #8 of Old 05-15-2015, 08:13 AM

Use Non-flammable, non-hazardous, non-toxic products.
post #9 of Old 05-21-2015, 02:32 AM

Tips

Thanks for these informative tips for non-toxic home cleaning recipes & ideas.
post #10 of Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 AM

Thanks for sharing important tips with us.
post #11 of Old 06-01-2015, 09:33 AM

That's why our firm is working with certified Prochem Chemistry
post #12 of Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 PM

We can use green cleaning service for this.Making the switch is easy. Though green cleaning agents are not as effective as traditional cleaners but you can use them with a much peace of mind. Not only do I feel better for the physical benefits but also for the environmental benefits of using these green products.
post #13 of Old 09-18-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemy View Post
Great tips! I was of the thought that cleaning tools or liquids used must be harsh chemicals that should be able to kill the bacteria. But lately did I know that it equally is dangerous to the inmates in the house. I usually hire the service of Sunrise cleaning from Toronto. I've seen their work and it is environment friendly. Thanks for the tips again!
You are right Jaemy, harsh chemicals spread dangerous diseases like cancer and asthma. But there are lots of cleaning products in the market which are Environment safe degreaser and ecofriendly cleaner degreaser.
post #14 of Old 10-05-2015, 11:43 AM

Using natural cleaning product is always the smarter decision. It's better for your and your family's health. I was used to buy expensive, chemical products, but after that I realized that we only live once and if we want to prolong our life it's better to go to natural, to eat healthy and to play sports. I hope more people will realize that.
post #15 of Old 10-06-2015, 05:40 AM

I really like to make my own all purpose cleaned for the kitchen. I use only natural ingredients, and I even add orange peels, which add a nice smell to the whole thing. Here are the ingredients I use: vinegar, distilled water, salt, orange peels, a glass container. First I cut the orange peels and put them in the container. Than I pour salt on them and leave them for an hour or so. The salt will help the natural oils to be extracted from the peels. After that I add the water and the vinegar, put a lid on the glass container and leave it in a dark place for 3 to 4 weeks. After that time is up, I pour the solution into a spray bottle and use it all around the kitchen. It's a good way to avoid harsh cleaners at home.

Residential One Off Cleaning Service in Melbourne
post #16 of Old 11-07-2015, 02:12 AM

Great and important non-toxic cleaning tips you have shared. Thanks for sharing.
post #17 of Old 12-03-2015, 06:23 AM

post #18 of Old 12-03-2015, 06:49 AM

Thanks for sharing, Its very important tips for house cleaning
post #19 of Old 12-03-2015, 11:51 PM

Cleaning Tips

Clean varnished wood by combining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and a quart of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray onto wood and then dry with a soft cloth.

For an all-purpose window cleaner, combine 1 part white vinegar with 4 parts water, then use a sponge or rag to scrub away.

For a simple, effective tile floor cleaner, simply combine one part white vinegar with two parts warm water in a bucket. Use a mop or rag to scrub down the floors with the solution.

SteamPro Carpet Cleaning | Long Island | Nassau | Suffolk
http://www.steamprony.com/
877-85-STEAM
post #20 of Old 06-14-2017, 03:06 AM

Well, always try to use non-toxic cleaning stuff, for the sake of the health of your kids and family. Toxic cleaning material can damage the health of your family.
There are few cleaning companies in market, which use non-toxic and health friendly cleaning products, and ensure that you and your family are living in a safe and healthy environment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode