Odd Stain - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Odd Stain

I had a client show me a couple spots in their bathroom they felt were left behind from my previous cleaning. There were three small areas, two behind the toliet and one by the shower that had a green residue. I am only using chlorox tub and tile, windex and a toliet cleaner in their bathroom none of which are green.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I could not get the stain off and since they felt it was from my cleaning I gave them a free cleaning for that visit. Any thoughts on what it could be or how I can get it off would be appreciated.

The Clean Team

Wayne Rainbolt
The Clean Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Try Vinegar. Straight.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #3 of Old 02-25-2011, 03:55 PM

It could be their water, just from the location of the spots. When I used to clean houses, there was one house whose shower was impossible to clean. It had green, almost mint green, steaks covering the tile. No matter what we used on it, it didnt want to come off. After I explained to the customer I couldnt get it off, she told me it was from her water and didnt expect it to be removed.

www.discountcleaningprioducts.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-04-2018, 02:09 PM

Try bleach. I'm using it in my bathroom to clean black mold, but you can try it to clean that green residue.

My best friend just had a baby, and she's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is crazy. grin:
post #5 of Old 07-04-2018, 03:59 PM

I share your frustration with this! Many of of us have received negative feedback when the owner assumes it was something WE did when we cleaned. Sometimes it is and sometimes, it isnt.

The product that works best for me is made by Lysoi (of all companies! LOL! I still associate Lysol with nasty pine smelling cleaning stuff!) Their all purpose cleaner contains hydrogen peroxide. It doesnt smell awful and does everything bleach does without being I just love this product and now only use bleach if mold/mildew is present.corrosive or dangerous to you or your customer, their kids and pets. It whitens, it cleans and it kills surface virus's just as bleach does. i
post #6 of Old 08-29-2018, 05:23 AM

Try bleach or baking soda it will help you a lot.
post #7 of Old 09-02-2018, 08:27 AM

I had a similar situation last month. The customer has dark tile floors. I began to sense that what I call "dirt lines" was present. When someone uses a nasty dirty old string mop or foam mop, all they are doing is spreading dirty water around. Over time, it settles into any slight depressions on tiles. Over time, those lines look dark. I removed some of it using a magic eraser and a soft foam sponge. Later, that small area had lost all of its shine. This puzzled me and worried me no end. One of the owners got it right - she said the previous owner must have used Mop and Glo. They werent happy with that small dull spot and I worried I would lose their business. It has become obvious to me now that Mop and Glo was used mostly in the kithcen and not so much in other rooms. I bought a product that promised to leave a shine on tile. It worked. But I fussed and worried about this for a month! I didnt lose their business, but I also feel bad because those dirt lines are going to remain there forever.
post #8 of Old 09-04-2018, 06:55 AM

We've all been there, you have no idea how many times we've dealt with unexplained stains here, especially on carpets, and no matter how many times we explain that the stains are old, stuck in the padding, and reappear periodically, it's still considered our fault that they appear. From the location of the stains I would suggest that they are water stains, and maybe they have a small, barely noticeable leak behind their toilet. As for the cleaning, you could try diluted bleach, it's good for removing all kinds of stains from everything. And if your clients are not fans of bleach, you can try this lazy trick I have for stubborn stains, it's both efficient, nature friendly and doesn't leave an unpleasant smell. Just cover the stain with some baking soda, pour some white vinegar on top of it, leave it for at least 15 minutes to fizz, then wipe away. All the residue and stain should be gone, and if they appear again, then it's from something in their bathroom, not you.

Our homes are reflections of ourselves.
Licensed Cleaning Services in Melbourne and Sydney by Fantastic Services Group
post #9 of Old 09-05-2018, 07:33 AM

I am curious. What happened regarding this weird stain? Were you able to resolve it happily?
post #10 of Old 09-06-2018, 02:54 PM

Can you get some photos and post? would be helpful.
Did you solve the trouble with some of the other suggestions?
post #11 of Old 09-25-2018, 02:12 AM

so much advice I did not even know
post #12 of Old 09-29-2018, 09:26 PM

Hi,
I think baking soda is the best option to clean that odd stain.
Thanks
post #13 of Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 AM

Baking soda is a solution to the maximum number of cleaning problems.
post #14 of Old 10-19-2018, 03:34 AM

It can be removed easily by professional cleaning...
post #15 of Old 10-19-2018, 07:21 AM

So, what happened? Were you able to remove it? How is the customer reacting at this point?

Tags
cleaning service , house cleaning , maid service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode