Pets - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Pets

I'm looking for hardcore pet-mess cleaning tips.

I have a client with a house overrun by five cats and two longhair dogs. I did an initial quickie clean of the floors and bathrooms, and that was a job unto itself, getting up kitty litter, kitty litter dust, pet food, pet puke, hair everywhere.

Interestingly, it didn't smell like a cat-lady house, and the vermin was really minimal.

It took me four hours to scrub the bathrooms, get up the hair, dust and litter and sweep and mop all the floors. I only tried to vacuum the house's one little carpeted room, and the kitty litter and dog food burned up my belt and a spare, even after sweeping the bulk of it up with a broom.

Any tips for getting er done quick, or is there no quick way to clean when pets run a house? And hair on the furniture, is that something a canister vac and brush can deal with, or do I need duct tape and lots of time for that sort of thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Find a dry carpet cleaner that uses enzymes and deodorizers to get rid of the bet stains. Some companies will use like a scotch guard, you want a dupont telfon protectant and deep cleaning enzymes to get rid of the stain and smell.
post #3 of Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 AM

Here are some of the working tips to get rid of pet odor from your carpet:

1. Blot it up.
2. If its dry, dampen the area lightly
3. Extract the water
4. Know when to call a pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-06-2013, 01:54 PM

You will probably have to use a high powered shop vac for the worst areas. Even the best canister vacs seem to struggle with pet hair if its really out of control as it tends to stick to the carpet and surfaces.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode