Plastic shower units - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Plastic shower units

Anyone ever get one of those really clean?

"Queen of Clean" Linda Cobb says to spray the unit down with hot vinegar, let sit for 20 mins. and scrub with more hot vinegar and a scrubby pad.

I tried that and it sort of worked. Soap scum came off beautifully and quickly after I started using some soft cleanser on my scrubber.

Anything better for using in the field? Typically running to the kitchen and nuking chemicals isn't feasable with professional cleaning time constraints. (I did the above for a friend's move-out clean. Shower and tub were coated with dull soap scum but white and pristine once I figured out what worked. I'd really love to be able to do that for my clients at work.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 AM

I have done a couple move-out cleans and i have found that the tubs and showers are usually in bad shape, most of the time in these kinda cleans you have to use the hard chemicals.
post #3 of Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM

If it is extremely stained, vinegar might not completely take the residue out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Cleaning View Post
I have done a couple move-out cleans and i have found that the tubs and showers are usually in bad shape, most of the time in these kinda cleans you have to use the hard chemicals.
What hard chemicals are OK to use on that type of surface? Im talking about fiberglass, I guess. Those solid, usually dull and porous from age, one-piece non-porcelain shower tub things.
post #5 of Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 AM

I use Tilex soap scum remover, you may have to apply let sit 5 min or so then use a sponge with a scrubber on one side then rinse apply again depending how bad the build up is.
post #6 of Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Tilex, yuk.

I work for a low-end chain -- the hardest stuff we have for deep cleans is degreaser and bleach cleanser. I guess I have to sneak a bottle onto the job bc there is no time to spend more than a half hour scrubbing any one thing.

Most of the time, we just leave bad soap scum on fiberglass alone, because once a patch starts coming off, the unit looks like crap till the whole thing is clean. I hate having to leave things dirty, but the folks who use us are by and large satsified with what they get for the money they want to spend.
post #7 of Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info guys! I will try this!
post #8 of Old 08-19-2010, 03:57 AM

Thank you so much for this information.
post #9 of Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Fiberglass Cleaner

I have used a commercial product called Shower Klean. It's a pink colored spray and it's wonderful on fiberglass tubs and showers and tile. For a really scummy tub I use it undiluted. It's powerful and you need good ventilation. But it saved me hours in scrubbing. The gunk and build up just washed right off. I can find out who makes it but right off I don't even know. I just buy it at a local janitorial supply place.
post #10 of Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 AM

lets not forget that we provide cleaning services but not renovation
bstrgds
www.montrealprocleaning.com
post #11 of Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 PM

I read you post. This is informative and helpful....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode