Pricing question... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-02-2007, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Question Pricing question...

Hi,
I gave an estimate yesterday for a home that is approximately 2,800-3,000 ft.. I feel like i didnt price high enough. It has 2 1/2 baths that are fairly small, 3 bedrooms, living room,dining room, and another add on room. The house is going to be up on the market for sale, and is not in bad condition at all, its empty too.Looked like easy dusting and cleaning but, i never know until i get going. I gave a quote for $300, and now feel like it is not enough. the lady said she wouldnt pay until it is done, i am going to draw up an agreement for us both to sign before i go in, to make sure im not cheating myself. I will be doing the cleaning myself, baseboards are not included, but, inside of windows are. Does this sound resonable price or did i just cheat myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-02-2007, 09:42 PM

if the home is empty and you are only doing inside windows you should be fine with the pricing
post #3 of Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

T,peterson...

Hi,
I am doing the baths, kitchen, vacuum and moping floors, removing cobwebs, and the front door needs a spot treatment on the bottom. She did say she didnt want a deep clean, and as she went through the house she kept saying "just quickly" go over this or that. So more of a "fluff" clean im thinking. There are new rugs throughout most of the rooms and the most work will be in cleaning the bathrooms, which are each very small, new tiled around the tubs, and each window sill has been freshly painted as well. Does my price still sound okay? And how would i approach the idea of going up on a price if i went in there and i needed more time? An agreement hasn't been signed yet, would it be wrong to add this in? I tend to take awhile, because when i clean, even if im told "it doesn't have to be cleaned " if i feel it doesn't look right i will clean it... Thank you for your advice in advance! Lanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Lanie

Whenever we do any type of 1 time cleaning or even the first time cleaning for a regular service we charge hourly. I have found that to be the fairest way to charge, since no one is either over or under charged for the services.
post #5 of Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

T.peterson..

Im going to research some time efficient techniques to manage my time while in the home, getting the entire job done and looking great, while still earning what i need by the hour. Thanks for your advice!
post #6 of Old 11-03-2007, 05:51 PM

lanie, shoot me an email with your email address and I will send you a form that we have the customer sign before the job when we work by the hour. [email protected]
post #7 of Old 11-03-2007, 06:06 PM

I'll do it for $295 ;-) Winter is here. A man's gotta eat.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #8 of Old 11-04-2007, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

t.peterson...

Hi,
I just sent you an email. Thank you for the forms, its a big help. PressurePros, nice name and i couldn't agree with you more
post #9 of Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Lanie both email addresses provided were kicked back to me as not being good, sorry
post #10 of Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

T.Peterson....

Hi
I am not sure what happened with the email, do you mean spam? I am not aware of anything being wrong, it was sent from my sisters home, with my email. Please let me know... Thank you. Lanie
post #11 of Old 06-08-2012, 02:46 AM

The estimation provided in this post for the interior cleaning of the house is appropriate and it will yield profit to you in the end if you are performing this in right way.
post #12 of Old 08-31-2012, 03:16 PM

I think its a fair price and your making some money which isn't to bad a price so all the best with it.
post #13 of Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 AM

Pricing depends on the company and the quality of service they give. And, the area of the house or the building, location is very important.
post #14 of Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriklitt View Post
Pricing depends on the company and the quality of service they give. And, the area of the house or the building, location is very important.
very true
post #15 of Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Soaprano's Cleaning

Yes for homes I charge by the hour, for commercial property by square footage. Either way, once you do a walk-thru, you know how long it will take you depending on size, amount of dirt and what the client expects.

Jamel Dennis-SOAPrano's Cleaning LLC
www.soapranoscleaning.net
post #16 of Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 AM

Pricing Homes

I find it difficult to price houes... I had a lead that was 36 miles from my location about 45 minutes away and quoted the 5 bed/3 bath at 145 and the client said it was way too much. That the other people she spoke with were charging her 50% less then I quoted...

Alittle additional info...
I am in Florida (Tampa) I live in Brandon and the client is out past Clearwater [this will make more sense to those who know Florida] but the drive is roughly 45 minutes and 36-38 miles from where I am...

I thought that was a great price $145 for 5 bed / 3 bath

I am sure many will say I am under bidding or charging low but from what I seen in my area I need to stay closely competetive without going broke
post #17 of Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM

In my opinion this was a great price. You can't do it cheaper when you are bonded and properly insured. Especially not with such a distance to drive. And I am sure no professional company will do it cheaper. The "other" offers she claims to have were probably from independent women who are most likely not paying taxes and are definitely not properly insured. Otherwise they couldn't do it for that price. I hope you told her that she's taking a risk with underinsured people working in her home. 13 million people are having accidents in homes every year. And her homeowner's insurance won't cover that.
post #18 of Old 10-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Oh, and there is the other thing with the IRS: She becomes an employer if she is paying more than $1,200 per year (if I remember right) to a house cleaner, so she had to pay taxes for the house cleaner, make sure the woman is allowed to legally work in the US, file different forms etc. If she schedules biweekly cleanings she will reach the 1,200 per year easily - even with a low price per cleaning.
post #19 of Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM

Thats around what I would charge you be fine.
post #20 of Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Sorry for HiJacking your offer

T.Peterson,

I saw your post and was wondering if you'd be willing to send me the documents you offered via e-mail as well. I'm so excited I've found this site, others in the business here aren't very helpful..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode