Question? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-15-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Question Question?

Hi,

I have a few questions to ask. If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated.

First question is this. Which way is the best way, when doing residential housecleaning, to price. I am thinking of going with by the room rather than by the square foot, but as we all know, there are some rooms that may be a lot bigger than other rooms. Is it easier to just price it to maybe $10 per room, or does anyone out there go by size of the room and maybe charge $12-$20 depending on the size. I am thinking maybe define it as small, medium, and large rooms and going from there.

Second question:

We are wanting to market to real estate companies and apartment managers and was wondering if it is best to send them a letter, a brochure or show up in person and speak to them? Also, if anyone has any example letters or brochures they might like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Josie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-15-2006, 04:09 PM

My opinion on Apartments.... Notoriously cheap. Realtors are good if you get the ones that understand that clean homes sell faster than dirty. Or the ones that make huge commissions that like to have the places cleaned before thier clients move in and they pay for it.

As for pricing, you have to know your own numbers and what it costs you to be in business and what you need to make. When I am asked "what should I charge?", I say "As much as you can". This is done by knowing what your market will bear and being able to sell YOU as much as possible.

Hope that helps.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #3 of Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 PM

I have always found that one really needs to see the home and each room in it in order to be able to give an acurate bid. Although homes may have the same floor plan and square footage, they can vary vastly in the amount of time needed to clean due to the density of furnishing within the home, the surfaces to be cleaned , the life styles of the residents just to name a few of the variables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 AM

By the room is good but make sure you look at the hours you'll be putting in also. You don't want to charge by the room then end up making 5 an hour. I have two house right next to each other both the same but one takes me 2 hours longer then the other just because of pets. So I charge a little more then the other. Got to look at the big picture when pricing.
post #5 of Old 09-25-2006, 03:29 PM

I agree with FCP, Apt mgrs are cheap, they want a $100 cleaning job for $40.....

just remember that the national hourly wage for our industry is between $20-$40 an hour. Always clean by the job but try to figure out what the going rate in your area is and figure out what you need to make to be able to pay your Bills....

HeyT NICE SITE THANK YOU FOR SHARING !!!
post #6 of Old 09-25-2006, 04:39 PM

Hi Tigerpaw (rick) Glad to see you took my advice. These folks can really help you out with your questions on power washing
post #7 of Old 09-27-2006, 06:55 PM

I hope they will, I started a post on it so we will see if anyone will tell me their secerets LOL
post #8 of Old 11-05-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks for the info.

Josie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode