Questions to ask a prospective pest control company - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-10-2020, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Questions to ask a prospective pest control company

Before selecting a pest control service, you can ask questions to clear up any doubts you have. Some may be:

- How many years have you been in business at your current address?

You can check the history online, as well as the opinions received by the company that you consider for the realization of a pest control.

- Would you provide me with a list of references?

Contact several references to find out if they are satisfied with the service provided by the pest control company.

- Will the people who will perform the services be applicators with the necessary certifications that enable them as authorized technicians?

Each company must have at least one technical person at least accredited with the level 3 professional certificate. Applicators under their supervision must have the level 2 professional certificate.

- Would you provide me with a copy of your registration in the ROESB (Official Registry of Companies and Biocidal Services), copies of the safety data sheets of all the products used and information on the doses to be applied?

Reliable entrepreneurs must show their credentials and be able to provide copies of labels, safety data sheets and technical data sheets containing all relevant information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-10-2020, 09:49 AM

I had to hire an exterminator several years ago. I interviewed about 5 companies. I hired the ONE person who owns his company and does all of the work himself. All the others just sent sales reps, who will promise you miracles they cannot deliver. I had several main concerns: were the chemicals used safe for both humans and animals? How effective will it be? The guy I hired only used diatomaceious earth inside my home, which is entirely safe for all creatures except ants, and ants in my home were the problem. He used a bait and a poison outside, which is typical for most companies. Using DE is a bit unusual, but it sure worked. Within 2 weeks I had NO ants inside. I've had to call him back several times because ants of course don't chat amongst themselves to say "avoid THAT home, she kills ants." LOL! But I also bought DE and have used it both inside and outside my home. I don't like to use poisons inside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode