Quote Generation - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-10-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dapper Bro
Quote Generation

I own Dapper Bros Cleaners in Colorado Springs. I've been in business for a little over a year cleaning houses and carpets. Currently, I get about 2-5 ORGANIC quotes per month (non-organic is much higher). I would be happy with a boost to 1 per day. At that point, word-of-mouth would be a lot higher and sustain or increase this number. but what path do I take to that end?

What I'm currently doing;

Thumbtack.com (Most lead generated from here but are expensive)
Google (some leads from here)
Yelp ( yelp)
Website (some leads from here but nothing notable, although a resent redesign shows promise)
Cold Calling business (No leads so far)

Initially, I brought in a partner that said he was a guru with marketing and have since fired him since I was able to get better results myself. I want to avoid that route because he wasn't the only one that promised and had the same results.

I've never really reached out to anyone in the business before because the area that I'm in is VERY cutthroat and fear being mislead. So I think I've given all the info you might need to assess my situation. I would appriciate ANY advice or info you would be willing to drop on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-10-2016, 05:27 PM

So many things wrong with the site but, if on the home page where the first text is Dapper Bros Cleaners.... is that an H1 heading? if so, leave it an H1 and make it say this:

Affordable Carpet Cleaning Colorado Springs Colorado <<<< no comma

And that slide show.... remove that and put a nice attention grabbing picture of nice clean carpet. Be sure to write in an Alt text for all pictures. I know you probably can't for the picture in the headline but all other single images.

Now I have a question. If someone is already on your website, why would you want to lead them to Thumbtack where 1000's of other carpet cleaners are?

Carpet cleaning in your area is LOADED..... the #1 guy is not #1 because he has a good website (he doesn't). He has 116 reviews with a 4.9 rating. I didn't check any of the others.
post #3 of Old 05-10-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dapper Bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
So many things wrong with the site but, if on the home page where the first text is Dapper Bros Cleaners.... is that an H1 heading? if so, leave it an H1 and make it say this:

Affordable Carpet Cleaning Colorado Springs Colorado <<<< no comma

And that slide show.... remove that and put a nice attention grabbing picture of nice clean carpet. Be sure to write in an Alt text for all pictures. I know you probably can't for the picture in the headline but all other single images.

Now I have a question. If someone is already on your website, why would you want to lead them to Thumbtack where 1000's of other carpet cleaners are?

Carpet cleaning in your area is LOADED..... the #1 guy is not #1 because he has a good website (he doesn't). He has 116 reviews with a 4.9 rating. I didn't check any of the others.
You're absolutely correct on all points. I'm making the suggested changes right now. Thank you very much. I'll review the rest of the site for those similar issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 PM

Yes.... I'm picky... Capitalize the I ..... In
post #5 of Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 PM

Did you do your site yourself or did you hire someone to do this for you?

I would recommend doing to research to see what other successful companies have done to get an increase in conversions and try to emulate them as much as possible while putting in your own special touch. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

I will touch base on some points that I noted while reviewing your site:

1. When I look at your logo...there is nothing that suggest that you offering cleaning services. Also, visually, it does not look appealing...the term Dapper Bros is not really clear.

2. When I land on your site---there is no bold statement( at the top of the page) that tells me what you do and where you service. I have to scan down to find this information. You want to make it super easy for your customers to know what you do and where you do it.

3. I don't like the picture of the carpet at the top. The picture looks dull. I would suggest getting a vibrant photo that speaks to your target market...maybe a picture of someone vacuuming or actually someone cleaning.

4. The overall layout of the home page would not compel me to make a purchase.....but lets say I was curious and clicked on Get a Quote...it brings me to a page where the text is laid out in a way that makes my eyes hurt. You want short sentences that are clear and laid out in a format that is easy to read.

I have a cleaning service and I am in no way perfect...I do not even have a logo yet...My site is the way it is now because of the feedback that I have received from others...there is still room for improvement for me. Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Call Serene For The Perfect Clean
www.serenemaids.com
post #6 of Old 05-16-2016, 03:03 AM

Look into getting links from other websites in your to point back to your website. Local links carry a lot of value in local niche markets like carpet cleaning. You may have to pay or write a guest blog post to get it working.
post #7 of Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 PM

Why no comma?

Tags
leads , sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode