Remove Black Mold From Your Bathroom Walls - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-29-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Remove Black Mold From Your Bathroom Walls

Effectively remove the spores of the mold, you will need to find the source of the problem. If you have a water leak or some type of moisture intrusion, then you will need to find the source of this problem. By just removing the mold on the walls, and ignoring the source of the problem, you will still have a mold problem guaranteed. What mold inspections are about is finding the source of the problem. If you are clever enough to know there is a moisture problem you can then go ahead and attack the area using a natural cleaning product. Be sure when using natural cleaning products that they are strong enough to remove black mold effectively. Natural cleaning products are all about using regular household ingredients, but will effectively remove and prevent mold and mildew. The challenge with most green cleaning products is that they are not tough enough to destroy mold and mildew. Let me give you an example, most people will use bleach to remove the spores of the mold and mildew. But what happens here, is the mold is only removed temporarily. By using bleach you are only removing the topical surface of the problem. It is not attacking the source or changing the DNA make up of the mold and mildew. There is a natural ingredient out there which cleans mold and mildew and also creates a barrier to prevent mold growth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 AM

Hello friends,

Here are few more tips to remove mold.

# Mix a solution of one part chlorine bleach to one part water. Put the mixture in a spray bottle.
# Open the bathroom windows or door to provide air circulation while using chlorine bleach. Spray the bathroom walls with the solution. Let the solution soak for 15 minutes.
# Use a stiff brush to scrub the walls. Pay special attention to grout lines.
# Rinse the walls with plain water and allow to dry.
# Mix 3 tbsp. of white vinegar, 1 tsp. of borax and 2 cups of hot water in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle to dissolve the borax.
# Spray the solution on the bathroom walls and let it dry. This will kill any remaining mold spores, remove stale bathroom odors and prevent the future formation of mold. Spray your bathroom walls once a week with this solution.
post #3 of Old 08-17-2010, 03:17 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 AM

I tried your tips. I sprayed the walls with bleach and scrubbed with brush. The mod is almost gone. One more cleaning and will be no sign from mod.

post #5 of Old 09-04-2010, 03:29 AM

Toothpaste, baking soda, vinegar etc are some of the ready to use stuffs at home using which you could make cleaning solutions. Check out this link on how you could prepare home made cleaning solutions for domestic cleaning.

If things are out of hand, and you are too afraid to try anything by yourself, it would be wiser to resort to a professional domestic cleaning service provider.
post #6 of Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

i have visited a site last week and i found it amazing and interesting, i got great ideas and tips,

here is the site: <a href="http://www.saygeneral.com>www.saygeneral.com</a>
http://saygeneral.com/Living&Lifesty...&lifestyle.htm
post #7 of Old 10-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Banned

i have visited a site last week and i found it amazing and interesting, i got great ideas and tips,

here is the site:
http://saygeneral.com/Living&Lifesty...&lifestyle.htm

Last edited by cutegirl; 10-26-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: spelling check
post #8 of Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 AM

Very nice tips. In removing mold in bathroom I use the Master Clean. It is available in some Supermarket.
post #9 of Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 AM

very interesting tips , we use mildew remover but basicly this is a bleach , it works for sometime , but if the source is still there it will apear again
bstrgds
www.montrealprocleaning.com
post #10 of Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM

I rarely used bleach in cleaning my bathroom especially when it comes to my bathroom shower enclosures. The reason is that the chlorine bleach is so acidic that it may harm our health. I only used it when my commercial cleaner is ineffective in some stains and dirt but with a careful cleaning process. Safety gadgets such as gloves, mask and other are very advisable when cleaning. I hope my experience helps.

FindPharmacistSchools.com is an online resource website which features many resources and tips on the best way to successfully get an education and get the job.We provide everything you will need to become a pharmacist. Pharmacist schools and more!
post #11 of Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM

If you are clever enough to know there is a moisture problem you can then go ahead and attack the area using a natural cleaning product. Be sure when using natural cleaning products that they are strong enough to remove black mold effectively.
post #12 of Old 11-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Cleaning black mold is one the toughest jobs that I have tackled till now.When i had last cleaned my bathroom wall tiles where black mold was thriving because of a leak from the pipe running behind the wall.I tried cleaning it with soap and water but found that it was not very effective and so I tried using boric powder along with bleach and was surprised at how the black mold disappeared from where the boric powder and chlorine solution was applied.Try it,it is indeed very helpful.

Last edited by robertmatheka; 11-12-2013 at 05:33 AM.
post #13 of Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 AM

A couple of my clients have mold on the sealant parts around the edges of the shower. Any way of getting rid of those?
post #14 of Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 AM

I agree that total removal of mold is the best way to treat it. Read sometime back that some form of mold can be deadly in nature?
post #15 of Old 08-26-2014, 02:24 AM

House cleaning services in Melbourne plays very important role during cleaning. The experienced team of this cleaning service clean your home thoroughly with affordable price. For more details visit Proactive Cleaners.
post #16 of Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Thanks for sharing your cleaning tips especially something as challenging as mold. I'm new to the business and glad I found this site!
post #17 of Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 AM

hey, nice disscussion, they are really nice tips about clearing molds. Other then that borax, detergent, ammonia are also good to remove black mold.
post #18 of Old 07-04-2018, 02:37 PM

I heard that you can use a bleach to remove black mold from the bathroom walls.

My best friend just had a baby, and she's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is crazy. grin:
post #19 of Old 07-26-2018, 03:29 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara_j View Post
I heard that you can use a bleach to remove black mold from the bathroom walls.
It will get rid of the ugly "mold stains" in your bathroom yes. But if the mold has gotten into the grout bleach doesn't actually kill all the spores.

Ever notice that mold comes back every few months in the shower, even after you've "killed it" with bleach?

It's because it was never actually dead.

Have a mold problem? Check out my blog: LookMold.com

Most popular cleaning post: Does Bleach Kill Mold? 🤔 Donít Make This Simple Mistake! (2018)
post #20 of Old 08-07-2018, 08:32 PM

Hydrogen peroxide will remove mold also (plus it is more safe on the lungs...(just say no COPD!)

Hydrogen Peroxide is a great and natural organic mold, fungi, and bacteria killer. I have used it on many homes where the grout in the shower had mold on it. I would use a grout brush with the hydrogen perioxide and so on. But, yes it will kill it!

Once you spray it on the bad areas with all the mold.. you will want to leave it on there for a while to allow it to do it's work and job.

Vinegar is also a great mold killer for sure!

Learn How to Start Your Own Cleaning Business!
www.CleaningBusinessSchool101.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode