Residential Cleaning Checklist?? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Smile Residential Cleaning Checklist??

Well my Wife and I have started a cleaning business. We have been learning alot by trial and error. Now we know this might not be the best way to run a cleaning business but we have learned a ton in the last few months. We started this with just my wife working part-time on the weekends and evenings for spare money. Now both of us are working ridiculous hours.

One thing we are thinking of starting is doing individualized cleaning check lists for each home and leaving them behind after each cleaning. We are hoping that this will help people feel more attached and that they are not just another home because everything on the list is tailored to their home.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is using forms like these and if there are any samples to start from?

Aaron
Tiny Tina's Cleaning Services
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Aaron,

We have checklists on our site. You can add/delete/modify as you wish. See my signature link!

Congrats on the move towards expanding the business. I've learned a ton through trial and error as well. I am often on the boards telling people not to screw up like I did.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 03-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Aaron,

We have checklists on our site. You can add/delete/modify as you wish. See my signature link!

Congrats on the move towards expanding the business. I've learned a ton through trial and error as well. I am often on the boards telling people not to screw up like I did.

Torrey
Torrey,
I have truly been looking for some help in this field. I have no documents nor could I afford to pay for another required step in getting my business squared away. Are you truly willing to let us use your documents? If you could help guide me. I am looking for employee docs, cleaning checklists, lockout papers etc. All the essential papers to be legit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Megan,

By all means, please help yourself. I, too, was where you are and couldn't get the right documents in place before I needed them. If anything, I am hoping it will help other service owners get to where they can move to the "next" level in their service. I know how frustrating it was to get mine together. My goal is to make life better for those who could use the info.

This is one of the reasons why I put all mine together to share. No charge. No catch. No fine print. Just help yourself and modify them as you see fit. If there's something you don't find on my site, email me and I will see if I have it on my computer. My email is [email protected]

Enjoy!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #5 of Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 PM

You are Heaven Sent!
post #6 of Old 03-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivasofDirt View Post
You are Heaven Sent!
Torrey is the BEST!!

suzi
post #7 of Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM

Do employees come with those forms? If so I would like one please.
post #8 of Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round About View Post
Do employees come with those forms? If so I would like one please.
I could always include an employee with the forms, but you may not like the candidate. LOL I tend to try to keep the best ones (employees) for myself.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #9 of Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 PM

A great*exchange of information.
post #10 of Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Megan,

By all means, please help yourself. I, too, was where you are and couldn't get the right documents in place before I needed them. If anything, I am hoping it will help other service owners get to where they can move to the "next" level in their service. I know how frustrating it was to get mine together. My goal is to make life better for those who could use the info.

This is one of the reasons why I put all mine together to share. No charge. No catch. No fine print. Just help yourself and modify them as you see fit. If there's something you don't find on my site, email me and I will see if I have it on my computer.

Enjoy!

Torrey
Torrey,

I too need some help with docs, employee manuals and standard procedures. My friend and I started a residential cleaning service in Miami and have seen some early success. However we have not realize that we cannot grow without standardization of procedures and clear expectation for our maids. can you email me any docs you may have to offer?

Thanks for all you help you have given to members of this forum!

David Raskind
post #11 of Old 03-10-2014, 10:51 PM

To be quite honest with you, cleaning checklists are your best friend. Your client will feel more comfortable in knowing that you followed a specific guideline. Also, as mentioned in your post, leaving behind a copy of the checklist would be a smart thing to do, as it is tangible and gives them something to review.
Good luck

Marjorie's Detailed Cleaning
Bradenton, fl and Ellenton, fl
marjoriesdetailedcleaning.com
post #12 of Old 03-11-2014, 02:59 AM

Over 15 years and a few $million$ later and never did have a check list. It seems with employees that a check list could make for a lot of problems. If my girl cleaning didn't do something on the list.... the first thing that will happen is a phone call telling me they didn't do something.
post #13 of Old 03-21-2014, 08:06 PM

Checklists are great for many reasons. For example, they assist in the sales process, to explain the items you are offering as part of a package and also help with regards to pricing. When training your staff, they are also beneficial as they are an easy way to set a consistent standard of tasks that are required to be carried out when you are not there yourself.

I would be more than happy to share an example that we use if required

Last edited by SqueakyBrad; 03-21-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: updated to share checklist if required
post #14 of Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM

We have cleaning checklists available on our website, so our customers could use it as a reference. However, very few do. People just want their home to be cleaned and they want to be happy about it. Usually, the customers discuss during the estimation process what will and what will not be cleaned...

Olena
Clean4Real Cleaning Services
Connect with us on Google+ Clean4Real
Follow us on FB Clean4Real
post #15 of Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 AM

Before hiring a Janitorial Service, check into their credibility. Read testimonials from others who may have used their services and possibly ask other businesses in the area about them. When you call the company, ask for a free quote when you schedule your appointment.
post #16 of Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 AM

Reliable Cleaning Checklist:

Living Room, Family Room, Bedrooms

• Vacuum top of curtains/drapes/lampshades
  • Ceiling Fans (hand wash)
  • Blinds (hand wash)
  • Baseboards (hand wash)
  • Vacuum sides and backs of furniture (move furniture)
  • Light bulbs (hand wash, upon availability)
  • Picture frames and glass (hand wash)
  • Edge carpet
  • Glass doors/sliding doors (hand wash)
  • Move small furniture to vacuum and clean
  • Edges/baseboards

Kitchen

• Vacuum top of curtains/drapes/lampshades
  • Ceiling Fans (hand wash)
  • Blinds (hand-wash)
  • Cabinets (hand wash)
  • Baseboards (hand wash)
  • Hanging Light fixtures (hand wash if reachable)
  • Glass front of pictures
  • Soak drip pans
  • Sliding door tracks

Bathrooms

• Tile walls
  • Cabinets (inside/out)
  • Vacuum drapes/curtains
  • Edge carpet (if applicable)
  • Glass front of pictures
  • Baseboards (hand wash)
  • *Sanitation and Deodorization*
post #17 of Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 AM

Making a checklist for residential cleaning can be as tiresome as the job itself. It is not the amount of items to clean that make you tired, but the tiresome. Of course you need a basic idea what all need to be cleaned regularly. But in many cases it will be almost everything in the house. In such cases some people call for the maid cleaning services, but it is not a tedious job if you do it one area at a time and give yourself enough time to rest .
post #18 of Old 07-09-2014, 08:49 PM

New here and had to acknowledge the awesome part on Torrey in this thread! Nice list, Royal Ready. The checklist is the most tedious part of a good cleaning! The sooner you can have employees work their way through a house, top to bottom, without checking the list as such I think the smoother everything runs as long as they sort of cross their T's from memory proficiently.
post #19 of Old 07-10-2014, 06:00 PM

How do you create a post?
post #20 of Old 07-10-2014, 11:25 PM

Click on the section you want to post in. Then on the left you will see NEW TOPIC. Click that and you are on your merry way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode