Service magic? good or not? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Service magic? good or not?

Ok I recently got a call from a representitive from service magic. I was wondering if any of you have used this before. Now I see that you, t.peterson. have it on the bottom of your webpage so I really would like your input on this. I am looking to take on new clients but because of the enormous gas prices and the busy schedule I keep it is hard to advertise the way I usually do. I like that they do everything for you. But how many of the calls actually turn into weekly or bi-weekly clients? I guess I really just want to kinow if it is worth it or not? I hope I dont sound like I just want T's response because anyone who has used them please give me your input too. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2007, 01:26 AM

Yes I have them listed on my webpage, although the last lead that I purchased was well over 2 years ago....... and I don't see myself purchasing leads from them in the near future either.

Here is a quote taken from another post that I responded to in regards to servicemagic - " I have used Servicemagic and am not overly fond of their services myself. However I am aware that others have had success with getting leads from them, I think it really all depends on your area and how many providers subscribe from that area (we are saturated in my neck of the woods so the pickens are thin) "
post #3 of Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for for the input T. I asked about our area and 3 other compaines are listed with about 41 prospects per month. Still I am very concerend about the turn around I might or shall i say may not get. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 PM

If you do deceide to sign up for the service ask that they waive the registration fee, and do not sign up for the pre-paid leads, instead pay for leads as you need them. Then learn to read between the lines on the leads. For example - I would not recommend paying for leads that state that the customer is just looking for budgeting information.
post #5 of Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again I was going to ask them about waving the reg. fee but wasn't sure if they would. I guess you answered that as well.
post #6 of Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 PM

I think it depends on where you live some people on the board say they get alot of business from it and others say its not worth it...they say the key is to stick with them because if you quit or stop you go to the bottom of the list which prettymuch means you just have to work your way into servicemagic rotation spend money and in the end they will get you jobs
post #7 of Old 05-23-2007, 09:59 PM

I didnt have a good experience with them
post #8 of Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Heavenly, Give me a call... I am close enough to put you up on some tips with SM. We did well with SM and have stopped taking leads because we are booked solid with residential and SM can't give us JUST commercial leads. Our very first SM lead turned into a $1000/month commercial lead.

859-983-5955

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #9 of Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alot for the info I will give you a call as soon as I get a chance. My mother just arrived intown from Fl. have not seen here in 3 years! wow! alot of cathcing up to do plus still keep the business running!
post #10 of Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 AM

FCPWLLC Do you clean post construction also? SM wanted you to buy both residential and commercial? You are saying they dont allow anyone to do one or the other? thats sucks if thats how it is
post #11 of Old 05-27-2007, 11:46 AM

FCPWLLC How much were you spending a month on leads? I am thinking about using them and start out with 10 leads a week? what do you think from personal experience
post #12 of Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBusters View Post
FCPWLLC How much were you spending a month on leads? I am thinking about using them and start out with 10 leads a week? what do you think from personal experience
We were budgeting $150 a month. We wanted to add accounts slowly. It filled up our residential schedule.

We don't get much construction clean up and we're members of Home Builder Assoc. Builders just don't want to pay what we want to make. If we can't get $35-$45/man hour, we don't work. That simple. Residential is the only place where people are willing to pay that. Select commercial accounts will pay for top notch service. Most commercial assumes we have cheap labor. Our Girls average $12.50+/hr.

Most companies here are paying $7-7.50/hr.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #13 of Old 09-26-2016, 06:42 AM

Great content on this thread. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode