Shark Rocket Vacuum - anyone using it? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-06-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Shark Rocket Vacuum - anyone using it?

Is anyone using the new Shark Rocket light vacuum. Looks kind of cool for residential cleaning. Hard to imagine it has enough suction power, but I like the concept.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM

I would also like to know if anyone is using it, would like to purchase 1 myself too.
post #3 of Old 01-27-2014, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

I ended up buying 2 of them for my cleaning service. I really like the Shark Rocket. It is so much easier to use weight wise and ergonomically. I can reach parts of the house with the vac that i never could before. It is so nice not draging a canister around or having to push/pull so much weight. The suction seems really good. I think it impresses the client as well. They look cooler than the dysons, they look like $500!

Do not get it at wallmart, it is only cheaper because it is missing some very cool attachements.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-24-2014, 09:16 AM

I bought one of these shark rockets (not the one that looks like a traditional upright, but has the motor by where you hold it) as I wanted to give a cleaner my commercial vac but I still needed one for myself in case someone calls in sick or I need to do the odd job, or maybe to give a cleaner if their regular vac has to be serviced...plus I kind of wanted it for my own house...I LOVE IT! I don't think it would be great all day everyday especially in big houses as the dust cup fills pretty quickly but I think as a complementary item it is phenomenal at a great price. Definitely beats buying another full size commercial vac when I really don't need one yet!
post #5 of Old 02-24-2014, 10:07 AM

We use sharks in our company for the past couple of years. They are great little vacuums
post #6 of Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

I am really impressed and surprised with how well they work, especially on rugs and carpets. You do have to empty the chamber often, but it does not bother me. I can like doing that, seeing how dirty a particular rug or room was, as a gauge. It also impresses the heck out of the client to show a full compartment of dust just from a throw rug!

post #7 of Old 08-14-2014, 04:28 AM

What's the price of that? and is that available on ebay?
post #8 of Old 08-14-2014, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

In January it was $160 at bed bath and beyond. Do not fall for the Wallmart cheap price, they do not include 3 of the attachments!

I see it online from $160 - $199. You may find one on ebay at some point. I do not like buying used vacs, how do you tell 'how' used it is? I have used mine a ton and it still looks new.

post #9 of Old 08-17-2014, 11:32 PM

I much prefer my Oreck Commercial over Shark.
post #10 of Old 08-18-2014, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumlord's Tenant View Post
I much prefer my Oreck Commercial over Shark.
I love Orecks and used them for a long time, until the Shark came out. They were the lightest, quietest and least clunky. I can't justify the price at this point when the shark is easier on the body (putting all the weight at the top) and has better suction and now you can vac anywhere - under the stove / fridge (with the cool extra attachments) and blinds without a hose and vac body banging up the furniture and wall corners, knocking over lamps.

The only downsides to the Rocket (that I see) is the cord gets twisted easily and it can be hard on the wrists because that is where the weight is. Might not be good if you have arthritis. I no longer have lower back / hip issues from vacuuming because of the weight distribution with the Rocket. I use my arms now, not my lower back.

Have you tried a Rocket?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode