Should I get a Sebo? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Should I get a Sebo?

Hi I just started my own cleaning biz (just a few houses) and I need a
vacuum. It's the last thing on my list bond and insured, bucket and all the rest, all done. I think that the sebo felix is the one for me but I'm afraid I'm falling for hoots and whistles. Does anyone use one, does it hold up? I really like the swivel neck please tell me that it's a good one. SWIVEL NECK!!!!

Thanks D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 PM

A Sebo is the Jaguar/Mercedes/Rolls Royce of the vacs. But way too pricey for me. If I could buy one I would but they are around $800 + around here. The bells and whistles are fantastic.

But there are other vacs out there...some of the commercial Panasonics offer the same perks and sell for a LOT less. Under or around $300.

I love the motor bypass systems on the models and the ability to use those long cords and major accordion extension hoses to access everything. When I get rich, I will buy a Sebo.

For now, I use my clients' vacs for bi-weeklies & dog and cat homes and will not cross-contaminate by using my own vac. I use my shop vac for hardwoods, etc., and my dinosaur Kirby (for rugs) for turn cleans and move ins/outs.

Lots of the folks in the forums I visit use Wally World vacs that are really cheap and do a great job. I just haven't found one I like that doesn't spit debris back out into the room on the floors.

And I absolutely despise the bagless vacuums. My 2 cents worth.

suzi

suzi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode