Special Clients - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-10-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Special Clients

i've worked for a few special clients, and usually it has turned out okay, and I find
it rewarding helping others who are sick or elderly. However I just had the worst experience the other day,

When I got the call, I thought uh-oh, maybe I shouldn't get involved. I told the son of the man I was going to work for that I no longer do one time cleans and I would need to be hired for the maintenance. I made sure I got paid in advance. The man had cancer and couldn't live in his house because it was so dusty. When I arrived at the job family members were there and started being extremely demanding about everything. The man was a bit of a hoarder too. On the return visit to finish, they brought in another cleaner which was fine by me, but I had just done the majority of the hard work and they could have told me not to come back. I worked the two hours and told the son it wasn't going to work out after they started being demanding again, geez. Okay what did I learn from this? Be sure you are paid in advance, and if you don't need the extra money screen. I think this type of cleaning is really meant for a special service, any one do any jobs like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 AM

Yep, ALWAYS get the CASH first! I hope you learned that from me back in the day.

I'm sure lots of people do this but I don't really work well for demanding people. I paid my dues and now I don't have to... so I don't! I never really let my employees take any bs either when I had a lot of them. And if another cleaner woulda ever showed up.... HELL NO!!!
post #3 of Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

It was something else, I thought it was worthy of posting.

Interesting dynamics here, the son who had hired me was in Florida,
so when I got to the home there were two other relatives there. The house was full of stuff and dust. they somehow expected a team when I told the son I was currently working by myself because I was slow, and I could maybe get one girl. It was a small house and given the time I could have done it, well minus the stuff, but when you add in the sick man in the middle of the room, the apria health care people, visitors, and yes ANOTHER cleaner! Plus they called on very short notice and the lady by following me around broke the hose on my vacuum. .Yeah i learned back in the day, (did I ever tell you I got paid?), and it was turning in to one of those situations, but I was paid. Yep, guess I'm not going back there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode