Sticky Panty Door - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Sticky Panty Door

So there I have a pantry door that felt 'sticky' the first time I cleaned this kitchen back in january.

I have cleaned it with Lysol wipes, Murhpy's oil, murphy's oil wipes, Vinegar and water and everytime I clean it, when it dry's it is sticky again. I have even wiped it dry after cleaning and I can feel it is sticky. Any ideas on what is happening?

It is a wood door, and the door color tone doesn't seem to change in this spot. The door is probably 5-10 years old and looks to be in good shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 AM

For 5 to 10 year old door, it's recommended to change its external cover. As the wooden door easily renew by using some ply or sheet and fix on the door. It is available in different design and shapes in different prices.
post #3 of Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 AM

Location: White Lake, MI (hometown: Bronx, NYC...adopted hometown: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL)
Is it near a stove area? Do you think it could be excess grease build up? Or could someone be working with a special-something that is making their hands and door grubby in turn? I have had some success with built-up grease situations with Krud Kutter and DeSolv-It (like at the tippy top of the cabinets and you find your cleaning cloth drags when you use your regular cleaner). I believe the labels claim these to be safe on wood surfaces. Always test in a small area first, of course, and use a microfiber cloth (just more effective). If you, or the homeowner, are not doing regular maintenance cleanings (weekly/biweekly), this will probably continue to happen.

Last edited by lunamartinmi; 03-24-2014 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-24-2014, 01:32 PM

Use soap and water to scrub your pantry. For washing cupboard, pantry, doors, floors and walls, you may try a sponge. Try to wash aged containers in soapy water. For cleaning food containers made of plastic, you can try washing them with dish soap or put them in dishwashers.
post #5 of Old 03-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Heck, I was excited to open the thread and read about a STICKY PANTY door. I was let down once I saw you meant pantry
post #6 of Old 03-31-2014, 02:41 AM

I've had good success with orange based cleaners when it comes to sticky areas (not just greasy areas). I've also heard of people using nail polish remover or tooth paste to remove sticky substances, but test an area first and ensure it won't cause damage to the frame.
post #7 of Old 07-04-2018, 02:41 PM

Did you tried to clean it with combination of vinegar and baking soda? I usually use this combination for any persistent stain I found in my house and in the most cases it works

My best friend just had a baby, and she's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is crazy. grin:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode