Stubborn shower floor stains.... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Question Stubborn shower floor stains....

...trying to find an effective chemical to get rid of brownish-gray stains on the bottom of a shower. They are mostly around the drain, and on the sides of the shower. The shower is a one piece fiberglass shell. I have only tried basic household cleaners (Comet). Thanks for any help.

If you can't feed 100, feed just one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-07-2011, 03:51 PM

I use a baking soda and borax mix. I use a green scratchie and I scrub it when the shower is dry
post #3 of Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonncat View Post
I use a baking soda and borax mix. I use a green scratchie and I scrub it when the shower is dry
Thank you very much....i'll give it a try.

If you can't feed 100, feed just one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
...trying to find an effective chemical to get rid of brownish-gray stains on the bottom of a shower. They are mostly around the drain, and on the sides of the shower. The shower is a one piece fiberglass shell. I have only tried basic household cleaners (Comet). Thanks for any help.

We supply all eco friendly products with highly effective results. We would have very effective and safe solutions for this problem. Contact us at JSK Eco Cleaning Solutions if you require futher details and we would be more then happy to help.
post #5 of Old 08-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Isn't there a product called CLR that does that as well? How effective is that for those kinds of stains?
post #6 of Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I tried it and it worked!!!! AMAZING! Thank you and keep on helping people with your valuable knowledge.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #7 of Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Same here. worked like a charm. Has anybody tried that CLR stuff thats advertised on tv though? I'm curious as to how well it works compared to this method.
post #8 of Old 08-13-2011, 05:28 PM

You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked! I've tried CLR but in my opinion (and I'm sure people disagree) but I don't care for CLR. It doesn't seem to work on anything I've wanted it to. (Kinda like my kids--)
post #9 of Old 08-15-2011, 11:33 AM

I usually use comet and it works well for me
post #10 of Old 08-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked! I've tried CLR but in my opinion (and I'm sure people disagree) but I don't care for CLR. It doesn't seem to work on anything I've wanted it to. (Kinda like my kids--)
Totally agree on both... In addition, kids are ever worse than the CLR in doing what I want them to...

Best regards, Silvia Smith!
post #11 of Old 08-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I have never used it before, and probably will not waste my money on it now. Thank you for the review And kids can work, they just need the proper motivation lol, you know, candy and video games, or cell phones and cars if they are older lol.
post #12 of Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM

That's great! CLR works
thanks for helping us,
post #13 of Old 01-22-2012, 04:02 PM

have you tried bar keepers friend and green scrubbie pad or even a magic eraser? works wonders.
post #14 of Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 PM

I am so glad to see this, as I have a customer with a shower that I cant get rid of the stains and I feel like I am not cleaning it properly!
I will try the baking soda and borax to see if it works!!! Thanks!
post #15 of Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 AM

before trying any stain removal technique, you must try it on a small (preferably unhidden) area.

in your case try some baking soda or vinegar next time

water damage restoration

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode