Suddenly Obsessed with Mrs. Meyer's - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-15-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Suddenly Obsessed with Mrs. Meyer's

So I landed this HUGE account a while ago that just started this week. They use this product, Mrs. Meyer's that I noticed how well the bottle fits in my apron pockets. So I headed out to my local green store and picked up a couple bottles; intending to use and just refill with my current preferred products.
Had to try the product in my own home and I'm really loving the Geranium scent! Worked well on my mucky stove front (DH watched the kids this morning, it was gross!) and the scent was great! A little on the strong side however and it may annoy non-floral type clients.
Just thought I would share the info on this great product. I'm not affiliated with Mrs. Meyers in any way shape or form.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-25-2007, 02:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I am definitely interested in this stuff. I looked and the nearest supplier of any Mrs. Meyer's products are 30 miles away. :( So, I may become a distributor.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 12-26-2007, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

I guess I'm lucky to have it so close to me! Our grocery stores even carry it
I am going to get the lavender sometime this week
And I love their laundry detergent as well :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Lucky you!

Hey, congrats on landing the great account!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #5 of Old 12-28-2007, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

OMG the account is one of those dream accounts. Super clean, super friendly, TONS of hours (2.5 days A WEEK with two maids!) green friendly, our own fridge of drinks and snacks as needed..... if only all accounts could be this dreamy!

How do I come up with the MSDS for this stuff? I just bought the lavender concentrate. The scent isn't as super strong as the geranium but still fantastic

Slightly related..... I just watched a movie about Dr. Bronners.... interesting old kooky man he was.
post #6 of Old 12-29-2007, 07:27 AM

MSDS Search Site

May,

I didn't do a search for any of the products you use yet, but there is a free site to search MSDS Sheets. The home page looks like it is for a fee, but click on "Find an MSDS" in the toolbar above the female on the header. It's free without having to sign up for the trial or any services.

http://www.msdsonline.com/Default.as...HomeLinkHeader

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #7 of Old 12-29-2007, 07:28 AM

On Dr. Bronner's...

I told my girls that whoever could read the entire bottle label and make sense of it got a bonus. They've had a heck of a time and a lot of fun reading!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #8 of Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 PM

I found some Mrs. Meyers by chance while roaming a local neighborhood. I found a store called Harris Teeter, which I didn't know was even in our area. I am used to seeing it in Florida. Anyway, I went in for something else and found they have the lemon verbana concentrate and countertop spray. I am hooked! I wish we could get more of it in other "flavors".

But I tried it and loved it.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #9 of Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 AM

A few of my professional cleaning friends have mention Mrs. Meyers cleaning products. They rave about the lemony smell and the great results from it.
post #10 of Old 04-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Just out of curiousity, when using these products do you find it's cost effective if you have to purchase them from a store vs an online retailer, especially with the costs of shipping and handling? Does it all work out in the end with profit, etc?
post #11 of Old 04-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
I am definitely interested in this stuff. I looked and the nearest supplier of any Mrs. Meyer's products are 30 miles away. :( So, I may become a distributor.

Torrey
Hello Everyone (and you to Ken good to see you here) I am coming over from Contractor Talk for information on Green Cleaning.

We are in the process of adding a Geen Maid Service and I read your post Torrey about Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. Have you checked ino becoming a distributer for your area?

I am very interested in this avenue and would like to sell the hand & dish soaps as well as laundry detergents to our clientel after using those or similar cleaning products in their home. I really like the branding that Mrs Meyers has created and by selling the product it will help add to our nitch market status.

Thank you very much,

Jesse
post #12 of Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 AM

I love Mrs Meyers too...I get the concentrate(all purpose cleaner) and dilute it to my needs so it's not too strong. I checked out ordering online and it wasn't cost effective - the shipping and handling charges were almost as much as the product! But I have several local stores where I can purchase it. I have been using the lavender scent with great feedback from my clients. I always test new products in my own home for a month or two and Mrs Meyers is one that I am still using at home! I love the fact that it is concentrated so the packaging is eco-friendly - that is a factor we are taking into account for our environmentally friendly cleaning. And it's cost effective too!
post #13 of Old 05-03-2008, 01:44 PM

We love Mrs. Meyers!

We use Mrs. Meyers products and they are a huge hit with my clients. You can now place a wholesale order through Mrs. Meyers company. Get on their website and email their wholesale sales dept. A minimum first time order is $150 while a re-order is only $75. They also have a new scent, "Basil", which smells like absolute heaven!
post #14 of Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Thank you very much for your replies. I will be sending them an email tonight and I think they will be an excellent fit for us.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of discount can I expect on a wholesale order of $500 or less? If we are going to stock product I would like to make at least 50%

Thanks again,

Jesse
post #15 of Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Not sure of the answer to that Jesse. In case you haven't gotten in contact with them already, you can call or email Butch Zang who helps me with my wholesale orders. He will definitely be able to answer any questions you have.

Butch Zang
Inside Sales Representative
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day
T 612 436 7308
F 612 436 7358
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode