The trick to cleaning Microfiber Cloths - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhiteGlovedMaid

post #1 of Old 03-13-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Arrow The trick to cleaning Microfiber Cloths

Microfiber cloths were designed to retain and do an exceptional job in collecting dust and hairs. However, how do you clean the cloths to remove hairs stuck in them?

I use a standard washing machine on cold and the dryer on low. This removes I would say 60-80% of the hairs, but often when cleaning homes I'll use a cloth and see hairs come off the cloth rather than removing them. Does anyone have tricks? Are expensive microfiber cloths better?
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-27-2017, 02:47 PM

Bump for answer please, have tried every setting on the washer and can't seem to get them clean. They are definitely trapping dirt and debris lol
post #3 of Old 08-18-2017, 12:51 PM

You can't get dirt and debris out. The good news for you is that hair, although not pretty, won't harm anything. Like scratch, but debris like sand or leaves can scratch. So, be extra careful with your rags. Don't drop them on the ground outside, or use them to pick up anything that has actual physical debris on it. Like if you are cleaning out a stove for example, use a different method than your microfiber rags to get all that baked on black stuff out. Microfiber rags are awesome! But they aren't as tough as everyone, myself included, originally thought they were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-18-2017, 05:23 PM

This is a great question, and one I, too, have struggled with. I have found that some microfiber cloths are NOT much use and others are. Hate to say it, but the expensive ones seem to work better than cheapo ones. I do not wash them with my normal white washcloths, used for mopping floors, counters, etc. Those get soaked in hot water, some bleach, and often washed twice. The microfiber cloths, I wash seperately, using warm water, NO bleach, and NO fabric softener (it leaves them sort of sticky). Ideally, I would air dry them, but to save time, they go in my dryer.

I think HAIR is the bane of almost all house cleaners! Its is hard to get up, even with the best vacuum cleaner! I have a cat, who happens to be a HUGE shedder. If I pet him for a minute, there's a ton of dark gray hairs on the floor. Seems silly to vacuum it up. A damp paper towel wont get them, either. A FOAM sponge will, but come on, this is MY cat, and I dont want to obsess too much about kitty fur all over the place!

Human hair is just as bad. It can wrap around your vacuum beater head so badly it affects the suction! LONG hair especially. My vacuum has this wonderfully bright LED headlight, so I SEE what I am vacuuming up. Pretty shocking, sometimes, to see what is actually on a flor!

I would like to hear others comments on this.
Annie, scratching her head
post #5 of Old 08-23-2017, 09:35 PM

We use microfibre cloths for cleaning fabric upholstery, leather furniture and car interiors, and they work great. Never had this problem, recommend using Korean Microfibre.
post #6 of Old 09-03-2017, 10:55 PM

Thanks for the great tips for using microfiber cleaning clothes. By using these clothes you can ensure a streak-free, squeaky clean window. It is also good for hard surface. Instead of using detergent you can rely on microfiber clothes that can sweep dirt away. If you use latest microfiber cleaning clothes definitely you can make life easier as it is more hygienic and they avoid the need for expensive detergent. Keep sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California

Tags
cleaning microfiber , microfiber cloths

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode