Use natural products to clean your home without toxins - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Use natural products to clean your home without toxins

The chemical cleaning agents which come with the midas touch of cleaning
your kitchen also come filled to the brim with cancer causing synthetic chemicals.
The natural goodies which help to clean your floors and tiles are olive oil,and vinegar which actually cleans as well as any harsh detergents and are 100% safe.Other natural products like baking soda,borax,lemon juice and soda water
make good homemade recipes for cleaning your home without chemical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-26-2016, 06:31 PM

I guess I would say to those thinking of switching to natural ingredients...do your research and practice in your home and friends homes before you make a costly mistake in a clients home.

Olive oil is great as an alternative to the conventional stainless steel appliance cleaners and polishers (you still need to polish to a dry buff for it to be effective) and it is awesome for replenish thirsty unfinished wood and neglected leather (again time consuming because of the polishing to a dry buff) but it is not effective anywhere else.

The vinegar you are purchasing (the cheap white) is not naturally distilled (petroleum distilled) and because of its acidic properties can damage many surfaces in a clients home and if not handled right can be an irritant to the respiratory of the person using it.

Baking soda is highly effective as a cleaner on its on but it has limitations. You will see may recipes calling to use it for all purpose cleaners and floors...be prepared to spend more time than you should rinsing off the chalky haze left by the soda

Borax is not an ingredient you should use regularly...it is a skin irritant and harmful to the environment

Being a professional using only natural cleaning products takes a lot of hard work in the beginning and continued education as new materials are brought in to clients homes.
post #3 of Old 05-16-2016, 10:03 PM

I use Seventh Generation products which are plant based and affordable. But I make my own floor cleaner sometimes with vinegar, alcohol, essential oils and a splash of dish soap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 PM

Question Interested in offing natural products

Hi I just opened up my own business to keep myself employable. I live in an area that people are concerned about the environment and I was wondering if offering "clean & environmentally safe" cleaning products is worth it.

Do they really work well? I know that the shower products don't seem to work well or maybe it's just me. The shower product I use is citric acid based , I got it a Wholefoods, and I choke on the fumes.

I want to position myself as leader in the community for this service. Do you know where I can find a list of green cleaning products that I can use?

Thanks... Any help I can get would be great.
post #5 of Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 AM

DIY cleaners are far better than chemical cleaning solutions. They are cost effective as well as give good results.
post #6 of Old 07-13-2016, 02:26 AM

Master greener methods

Along with healthy cleaning solutions we need to spare a thought to avoid the heavy barrage of petroleum-based cleaning brands. Look for eco-friendly greener solutions like in this blog which I found at rbc cleaning on how to master greener solutions http://www.rbcclean.com/blog/cleanin...reen-cleaning/
post #7 of Old 08-02-2016, 01:28 AM

I agree that green cleaning solutions are a lot better than the chemicals they sell in the store. Once I even destroyed the tiles in my kitchen using a supposedly mild cleaner for natural stone tiles. Needless to say, the cleaner didn't turn out to be so mild. I won't be mentioning a brand, because it's pointless, they are not the only ones selling toxic cleaning detergents. Now I use some vinegar, some water, a few drops of essential oils, and the floor has never looked better. If it's a little stained, I can add some castile soap or some mild liquid soap, depends what I have at the moment. Works great. After the initial cleaning I just do another pass with water until everything is sparkling. If you're impatient, you can even polish the tiles afterwards with a clean cloth.

That kill me moment, when you think you're done with the dishes and you turn around, and you see those pots on the stove...
Paul's Housekeeping in Melbourne
post #8 of Old 08-11-2016, 02:26 AM

I am also a great fan of home made green cleaners. Things I use most are vinegar, baking soda, rubbing alcohol and essential oils. They help me clean pretty much everything.
post #9 of Old 08-12-2016, 02:11 AM

nice tips
post #10 of Old 08-13-2016, 12:08 PM

You can clean many area by using baking soda such as oven, tile grout, unclog a sink and etc.
Please see http://www.cleaningnetwork.com/clean...h-baking-soda/
post #11 of Old 08-17-2016, 04:55 AM

Thumbs up Residential Cleaning Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee511640 View Post
You can clean many area by using baking soda such as oven, tile grout, unclog a sink and etc.
Please see
Great Share jlee

Archira Singh,
Manager
Mr. Homecare - https://www.mrhomecare.in
post #12 of Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Anyone have any natural cleaning recipes?
post #13 of Old 09-08-2016, 01:15 AM

good information!
post #14 of Old 09-08-2016, 04:17 AM

I agree with all of this tips. Just to add up, baking soda and lemon are good to use as well.
post #15 of Old 09-20-2016, 11:35 PM

Great post, you could use vinegar to clean windows and vinegar,olive oil and baking soda to clean sinks.
post #16 of Old 09-27-2016, 04:02 PM

You can use vinegar or baking soda to remove dust from window.
post #17 of Old 12-12-2016, 06:52 AM

Hi,

I agree that homes should be cleaned using natural products, because they not only keep your home toxin-free, but also save your time and efforts. For every mess in your home to get rid off, there are natural solutions. Thanks to this article that I read long back. It really made my home cleaning work session easier using baking soda, lemon, alcohol, blow dryer, bread, etc. I'm sure it would help you as well.

Last edited by Sharon Alex; 01-23-2017 at 04:32 AM.
post #18 of Old 12-23-2016, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the tips!!
post #19 of Old 01-26-2017, 01:10 AM

You are right, toxic cleaning stuff can causing of various disease. People, specially cleaning companies should use non-toxic cleaning products, which are safe and health-friendly.
Only few cleaning companies are using the safe cleaning products, "Liverpool Dubai" is one of them.
post #20 of Old 01-30-2017, 09:08 PM

Eco Carpet cleaning

Using natural products in carpet cleaning is the best and safest way to clean your rugged carpet. It will cost less and continues for more time. Eco-friendly carpet cleaning services use vinegar, baking soda, and other natural products to clean the carpet. Go eco-friendly and say no to toxic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode