Vacuum cleaner rave - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Vacuum cleaner rave

I know I shouldn't brag because it ends up being the kiss of death but just thinking this morning about the work horse Dyson vacuum I use.

It's hard to believe this DC07 basic Dyson has been in use since I started my one man band cleaning service in 2003. So far it's been used 2,021 times. Sure it's had a few hoses replaced mainly because I sometimes exceed it's 17' reach but that's it. I tried Hoover, Oreck, and a bunch of others but they were crap. The really amazing thing is the belt is original since the beater brush ratchets if it gets caught on something so it never gets hot or stretches. It's not light but it's a beast and never lets me down...

No this isn't an ad for Dyson but I've read a bunch of threads over the years on the vacuum cleaner wars before and thought I would throw out a rave for what I use and love. Your results may vary!

Thoroclean ~ Real Home Cleaning
http://www.jamesgphoto.com/clean.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dysonman.jpg (8.4 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Now manmaid, I know you started this thread just for me. lmao I saw a Dyson broke down on the side of the road the other day... I just hung my head and passed on by.

Hows things been?
post #3 of Old 03-24-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Now manmaid, I know you started this thread just for me. lmao I saw a Dyson broke down on the side of the road the other day... I just hung my head and passed on by.

Hows things been?
I figured this thread would rattle your tree!!! Good to hear from you..

With this roller coaster economy it's been a struggle... Everyone wants "cheap" and just about anyone with a vacuum and a bottle of Windex is a cleaner now not to mention people working under the table...

How about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 PM

Did you have to put a motor on it because its so heavy you couldn't push it so now you just ride it? lol Hey, I still have my work van that is a 2002 (isn't your Dyson a 2003?) and has 213,750+ miles on it so it's keeping up with your Dyson. No troubles except replaced the a/c last year (no a/c on your Dyson). I did just buy a 2011 though so the 2002 gets a little more rest than it has been getting.

I'm doing better than I have ever been. And just this week, since I came to this board, we have decided to have a little fun and add a division to Sparkle -n- Shine. We have had no problem with people paying what I bid them but if the calls come in, we are going to try a quantity division instead of quality. Or as it will be known to the top few.... the El Cheapo Division. I figure someone has to take the el cheapo's money so it might as well be me.

So what's the problem with your business? Are you doing anything to bring in calls? Come on now... you know if we use both brains we can get those calls coming in.
post #5 of Old 04-05-2011, 08:48 AM

Really? - I had a Dyson and hated it. I had the animal. I hated the high profile cleaning head that wouldn't fit under low furniture, hated that it didn't recline all the way to the floor, hated that it didn't have a rubber piece around the bottom to protect from scratches should I bump into something. Found out when I started shopping for my next machine that the Dysons have plastic ball bearings in them which tend to wear away over time. I also hated the tube system which made it less energy efficient, and the onboard tools just never worked as well as using a small canister style vac for furniture, steps, light fixtures, baseboards etc.

I do understand your vacuum cleaner love though, so more power to you. I'm glad you've got a machine that works for you.

I absolutely loooooove my Riccar SL5. It has metal ball bearings, a stainless steel beater bar brush, replaceable slide out brushes on the beater bar, cloth HEPA filtration inner dust bags, two speed settings to accommodate both regular carpet vacuuming and delicate rug vacuuming, weighs only eight pounds when empty, is sold and serviced by a local family owned business, and is made in the USA. I discovered it by contacting high end rug dealers and asking them what vacuum they would recommend.

Last edited by Green Valley Cleaning; 04-05-2011 at 09:21 PM.
post #6 of Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 AM

Manmaid and I go waaaaay back so that is why he posted this. Back in the day we had about 30-40 people that would all get in a big uproar about what vacuum they liked best. I kinda miss those days. lol

Actually, the vacuum I like best is the one an employee uses to make me money... as long as I ain't using it and it's making me money.... I LOVE it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode