Walk Through on Saturday - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Question Walk Through on Saturday

I had potential client call me today about a bi-monthly cleaning on a 2800 to 3000sq home 6 total bedrooms (only wants 4 cleaned) 3 1/2 bath only wants bathrooms, floors, dusting, carpet and counters wiped down. She told me that the home is a ranch with a basement. The entryway and the dining room are wood, the kitchen is tile and the rest is carpet.

Any help on bidding would be a great BIG help

THANKS,

JC CANTY
SQUEAKY KLEAN SERVICES (GEORGIA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

RE

Does anyone have any advice I really could use help if it is not to much trouble,
post #3 of Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM

$300?

She wants it done every other month?

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 AM

$300 is Ok
________
NEXIUM WITHDRAW

Last edited by mikerike; 09-15-2011 at 08:30 AM.
post #5 of Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Sorry not bi monthly she wants bi weekly
post #6 of Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 AM

Look at this I hope this can help you, This is just an idea you calculate accordingly.

Bedrooms Reception Bathrooms Condition* Price guide
1 1 1 Tidy ?30*
2 1 1 Tidy ?30
3 1 2 Tidy ?45
4 2 2 Tidy ?60
________
Little_Mistress live

Last edited by mikerike; 09-15-2011 at 08:30 AM.
post #7 of Old 04-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Klean View Post
I had potential client call me today about a bi-monthly cleaning on a 2800 to 3000sq home 6 total bedrooms (only wants 4 cleaned) 3 1/2 bath only wants bathrooms, floors, dusting, carpet and counters wiped down. She told me that the home is a ranch with a basement. The entryway and the dining room are wood, the kitchen is tile and the rest is carpet.

Any help on bidding would be a great BIG help

THANKS,

JC CANTY
SQUEAKY KLEAN SERVICES (GEORGIA)
I'm sure this is too late. I have not visited this section in quite a while. I am not certain about the economy of Georgia in terms of how much your area can handle financially. And it would depend also on which part of Georgia you live in.

Let's say you live in Atlanta and the economy there is relatively healthy. That would mean that you can afford to charge a healthy wage for the labor.

In the cleaning industry, a 3,000 s.f. house is a lot of work. The kitchens and bathrooms are the most tedius.

When a client starts telling you, "Oh, I only want some of the bedrooms cleaned...." and "You only need to wipe down certain areas" they are looking for ways to get the price down. Truth is, in a kitchen and bathroom, there are no corners that can be cut. They must be cleaned well or not at all.

In Maryland, I would charge her for a deep clean @ the rate of $65 per hour. I'm predicting that that house will take 2 cleaners 4.5 hours to clean. $292.50....and if it goes to 5 hours, which it may, $325. Establish an hourly rate for first time cleans and stick with it.

Do not skip over the deep cleaning, which is more expensive than the maintenance cleaning because you must establish the condition of the house. Those baseboards, ledges, door frames, etc. must be cleaned and takes time.

After the first time cleaning, give her a monthly rate which will vary based on the condition of the home. Is it cluttered? Is the family generally tidy? Are there toys all over the place? Think about those factors.

I'd charge no less than $165 every 2 weeks. She claims she only wants 4 of her 6 bedrooms cleaned. Yes, but at some point, those bedrooms will have so much dust in them that she will have to have them cleaned.

Write the vision and make it plain: http://maidservicecoaching.wordpress.com/

Tags
bid , residential , walk through

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode