What do you do when you are sick? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

What do you do when you are sick?

Yikes. I woke up feeling pretty bad yesterday, but went to my first cleaning of the day anyway. While I was there, I developed a fever and the sweats, chills, etc. Felt awful. I cancelled my second cleaning and went home. Took NyQuil and slept for about 11 hours.

I woke up this morning feeling just as bad. I drove my son to school and started to drive over to pick up my assistant for the day. I started to feel very sick and had to stop at a store to use their bathroom to get sick. Sorry for the icky info, but it is relevant to my question. lol

I called my first client of the day to reschedule. She is a fairly new client and has been through several cleaners already. She is VERY picky - but I really like her, and want to keep her as a client. I felt terrible about cancelling. I'm fitting her in next week, but still...I can't help feeling bad about this.

I have two more clients scheduled today, and it looks like I am going to have to cancel them too. I hate to do it, but...my condition is not improving...I've been resting at home in hopes that I'll feel at least a little better so I don't have to cancel anyone else.

I am in the process of hiring two more part-timers, but neither of them is ready to go to a cleaning alone - one has only worked one day, and the other starts this Friday.

What do you do when things like this happen? Hope that people understand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-06-2011, 12:44 AM

We live on Earth and we are all human... well, most are.

I remember when I worked alone it was Christmas eve 1999... 3 customers and all had HUGE houses. I HAD to be done with the last one by 8pm because they were having a party. I was sooooo sick that day. I would work for 15 minutes and lay on the floor for 15 seconds..... work 15 minutes and lay on floor 15 seconds. I did that ALL day. I ended up finishing the last house at 8:03pm. I'll never forget that day.

If I was in that situation now I'm not sure what I would do only because it was Christmas.... if it was a regular day that I had to miss.... if they don't understand you are sick.... NEXT>>>>>>
post #3 of Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Re- schedule the job. You will be getting your customer sick if you do not.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-diamond-bar.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 AM

Since I work alone I suck it up and keep going..

Never missed a cleaning appointment since starting my business 8 years ago!
post #5 of Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmaid View Post
Since I work alone I suck it up and keep going..

Never missed a cleaning appointment since starting my business 8 years ago!
so you never got really sick?

post #6 of Old 06-13-2011, 02:46 AM

hey I'm requesting to all when you feel tried or sick .. please take some rest and continue the job because it will affect the health. sick is temporary problem if you did int take proper medicine then it will permanent.
post #7 of Old 02-25-2015, 06:24 AM

You should take care of your health before it gets worse. Customers are humans too, they should understand that we all get sick sometimes...
Cleaners Mortlake
post #8 of Old 02-27-2015, 07:37 AM

I clean by myself and only clean one home per day. I was sick for almost a month and was on antibiotics. I cancelled for a week and they were very understanding as they didn't want to catch my germs! I walked out on a client last week because I finally got well and when I walked into her house she was on the couch and told me she was sick with a bad cold. She stayed home so not to get her co-workers sick! I politely told her that I had been sick for a month and that I did not want to go through all that again. I rescheduled her for the following week and left. I also informed her to please call me and let me know when she is sick. I don't charge for cancellations either so she had no excuse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode