Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

What kind of a vacuum do you use, Joe?

10K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  tsvcleaning2016 
#1 ·
I snitched the subject line from another thread. Being new here I was surprised to see there is not a lot more threads like this.

I'm interested i general and have a specific question.

Generally, what kind of a vacuum cleaner, dust mop, squeegee, spray bottle, etc. etc do you use.
Why? Better job? Last longer? Faster?

Specifically teh company we are thinking of buying has said that expensive vacuum machines don't last longer than cheap ones and the use Bissels from WalMart.
This makes no sense to be.

If we go in with a good (backpack) model I expect we should be able to show them that it does a better job.
Should I show them this? I think that it would show we are capable of doing a better job than the old owners (who are younger than the new owner) but I'd like other opinions.

#2 ·
I use the backpacks in some of the accounts. but in a lot of accounts there not very good. So we have the uprights in those accounts.
we use to buy the $300 to $400 vacuums, Tried every brand.
my conclusion was they pretty much all $ucked and broke down and so forth just like the cheap ones. so after 17 years of wasting money on expensive vacuum's we went with the bissels from wal-mart. they work just as good, just need to clean the filters more often, but there 5 times cheaper.

#3 ·
D y s o n

I've had the same DC07 since 2003. I clean around 250 homes a year but I'm the only one who uses it. Replaced the hose once.

It's never let me down and picks up more dirt & dust than others I tried that the homeowner's had including a fancy high dollar Rainbow!

Bottom line for me, it has to be reliable and efficient and that's the end of my story...

#6 ·
Dyson

Dyson has been the longest lasting vacuum I ever used. I am still waiting after 6 years to see how long it will last! No bags, no belt replacements, washable filters! I haven't spent a dime on this vacuum for six years except to buy a hard floor attachment and a second filter to swap when the other is drying. I am very tough on equipment too! I figure if it can handle me beating the :censored: out of it then its worth the $500.:thumbup:

#8 ·
I stick with the light weight, 8lb Bissell from WalMart. Heck, it took me 11 years to talk RJ (from above..... we go waaaaay back) in to using the Bissell.

Spray bottle.... Sally has the best. Some might not know what a Sally's is... it is a beauty supply. I've had my personal window cleaner bottle for right at 4 years now. I also have some bottles and sprayers left over from when I used to use Hillyard #1019 cleaner. Back in the day they used to give you extra sprayers with each case. As they should have for the price. lol That stuff was $3.19 per bottle and we used 3/4 of a bottle per day. Nowadays the only was we could use $2.40 worth of bathroom cleaner per day is if we had 240 houses per day.... prolly not happening. lol

Dust mop... I personally have 2. An 18" and I also have a sh-duster that fits over the end of a flat mop head. The sh-duster is what I give the people who work for me. That way they only need 1 handle for fake wood floors.... dust mop then mop with same handle, different head.

If I use things personally, it lasts for several years. When the workers use them... they could last from 30 seconds to a year.

MikefromHC,
In reality...... do you care how much Dr. Pepper is in my glass right now? That's about how much most people care about vacuums unless they are either freaks or cleaners. Normal people could care less. Key word.... NORMAL. But feel free to spend as much money as you see fit.... it's your money to waste :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my CORDED Shark Duo Flex Stick Vac... I clean vacation rental homes and most of them are ocean front which means LOTS of sand..... Ive tried a lot of vacs (Only those that can be purchased at Walmart, Target, home depot) and this isby far the best.... The best part is the handle folds and has a awesome little handle making it easy to carry and no worries on a long stick taking up space during transport. The bad news I am unable to find in Walmart stores and must order new one from Walmart .com They do carry the cordless which I would never try. But its definitely the only one I've tried that leaves no sand!!!

#11 ·
In the past, I experienced the mold problem on the walls which are nearest to the washroom.

After searching on the internet, fortunately, I found the best contractor in Colorado for mold remediation. They got rid of my mold problem so I will only recommend ServiceMaster Colorado Steamboat Spring to everyone. They are best in Steamboat spring, Colorado.

#12 ·
If you are looking for a canister Vacuum, I would like to suggest for Miele on priority as they are Master in Canisters and only make that. For other kind - my first priority would be to go for Dyson, after that Bissell and if that doesn't catches up; either Eureka or Hoover.

#14 · (Edited)
ECVAS DEEBOT N79S

As ecovac N79s review and my own experience Absolutely love this thing. I have it set to run at 1:30am while the family sleeps and boy does thing (I named mine Suckatron), do its job! I got this on sale for $199 on here, but I don’t see the need for Alexa connectivity. The app does just fine. These people crying about it, seriously, it’s stupid.

I’ve had it for about two weeks now and it’s finally not filling up as much on the overnight cleaning, which makes me happy. It blows my mind the amount of hair and dirt this thing picks up. We have two dogs and a cat, along with a 2 month old and a 2 year old. I just have to pick up any loose items and wires in the living room, dining room, and kitchen and block the bottom of the fridge (it tends to get jammed under the door and gets stuck), and this little wonder cleans up like a champ.

This guy is mighty and worth every penny. If I manage to keep this for over a year, which I’m sure I will, this thing will have cost me less than a $1/day and I can’t put a value on my or my wife’s time that we save with cleaning. I could go on and on, but I won’t. It awesome. You’re silly if you don’t buy this guy. The N79 version probably does just fine, I just happened to catch this one for practically the same price, so that’s why I went for it.

You can see the manual guide here

UPDATE: The main brush on our vac went out a few weeks back and the ECOVACS support team has been fantastic and simple to deal with. I sent it back last Friday and the new one arrives just 3 business days later. Amazing customer service. Just hope that this one lasts a lot longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.