What kind of a vacuum do you use, Joe? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-03-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

What kind of a vacuum do you use, Joe?

I snitched the subject line from another thread. Being new here I was surprised to see there is not a lot more threads like this.

I'm interested i general and have a specific question.

Generally, what kind of a vacuum cleaner, dust mop, squeegee, spray bottle, etc. etc do you use.
Why? Better job? Last longer? Faster?

Specifically teh company we are thinking of buying has said that expensive vacuum machines don't last longer than cheap ones and the use Bissels from WalMart.
This makes no sense to be.

If we go in with a good (backpack) model I expect we should be able to show them that it does a better job.
Should I show them this? I think that it would show we are capable of doing a better job than the old owners (who are younger than the new owner) but I'd like other opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM

I use the backpacks in some of the accounts. but in a lot of accounts there not very good. So we have the uprights in those accounts.
we use to buy the $300 to $400 vacuums, Tried every brand.
my conclusion was they pretty much all $ucked and broke down and so forth just like the cheap ones. so after 17 years of wasting money on expensive vacuum's we went with the bissels from wal-mart. they work just as good, just need to clean the filters more often, but there 5 times cheaper.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #3 of Old 06-08-2011, 03:55 PM

D y s o n

I've had the same DC07 since 2003. I clean around 250 homes a year but I'm the only one who uses it. Replaced the hose once.

It's never let me down and picks up more dirt & dust than others I tried that the homeowner's had including a fancy high dollar Rainbow!

Bottom line for me, it has to be reliable and efficient and that's the end of my story...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Hi Manmaid good to see you.
I didn't see this was a residential thread.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #5 of Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 PM

I have to say I like my Hoover Guardsman with dirt cup, because when the customer sees the dirt being sucked up, it is a moment of truth.
http://hoover.com/products/details/c...d-fan-chamber/
If I needed to replace it...
http://hoover.com/products/details/c...gless-upright/
or
http://www.sanitairevac.com/commerci...ghts/sc887.jsp
maybe
http://www.powr-flite.com/product/pf...2C+dirt+cup.do
post #6 of Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 AM

Dyson

Dyson has been the longest lasting vacuum I ever used. I am still waiting after 6 years to see how long it will last! No bags, no belt replacements, washable filters! I haven't spent a dime on this vacuum for six years except to buy a hard floor attachment and a second filter to swap when the other is drying. I am very tough on equipment too! I figure if it can handle me beating the out of it then its worth the $500.
post #7 of Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 PM

Great information. Thanks for the post.
post #8 of Old 05-27-2015, 04:49 PM

I stick with the light weight, 8lb Bissell from WalMart. Heck, it took me 11 years to talk RJ (from above..... we go waaaaay back) in to using the Bissell.

Spray bottle.... Sally has the best. Some might not know what a Sally's is... it is a beauty supply. I've had my personal window cleaner bottle for right at 4 years now. I also have some bottles and sprayers left over from when I used to use Hillyard #1019 cleaner. Back in the day they used to give you extra sprayers with each case. As they should have for the price. lol That stuff was $3.19 per bottle and we used 3/4 of a bottle per day. Nowadays the only was we could use $2.40 worth of bathroom cleaner per day is if we had 240 houses per day.... prolly not happening. lol

Dust mop... I personally have 2. An 18" and I also have a sh-duster that fits over the end of a flat mop head. The sh-duster is what I give the people who work for me. That way they only need 1 handle for fake wood floors.... dust mop then mop with same handle, different head.

If I use things personally, it lasts for several years. When the workers use them... they could last from 30 seconds to a year.

MikefromHC,
In reality...... do you care how much Dr. Pepper is in my glass right now? That's about how much most people care about vacuums unless they are either freaks or cleaners. Normal people could care less. Key word.... NORMAL. But feel free to spend as much money as you see fit.... it's your money to waste
post #9 of Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my CORDED Shark Duo Flex Stick Vac... I clean vacation rental homes and most of them are ocean front which means LOTS of sand..... Ive tried a lot of vacs (Only those that can be purchased at Walmart, Target, home depot) and this isby far the best.... The best part is the handle folds and has a awesome little handle making it easy to carry and no worries on a long stick taking up space during transport. The bad news I am unable to find in Walmart stores and must order new one from Walmart .com They do carry the cordless which I would never try. But its definitely the only one I've tried that leaves no sand!!!
post #10 of Old Today, 12:09 AM

Master star cleaning service uses the latest types of equipment for cleaning purposes. Our first priority to satisfy our customers.
post #11 of Old Today, 08:54 AM

In the past, I experienced the mold problem on the walls which are nearest to the washroom.

After searching on the internet, fortunately, I found the best contractor in Colorado for mold remediation. They got rid of my mold problem so I will only recommend ServiceMaster Colorado Steamboat Spring to everyone. They are best in Steamboat spring, Colorado.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode