What makes you different - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-25-2018, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

What makes you different

I have a new cleaning business. In my area there are plenty of cleaners. Most of all offer the same cleaning services and green cleaning and so on. My question is what are some things one could do to make yourself different from the rest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-25-2018, 11:16 AM

Do a really good job and be dependable.That alone will make ALL the difference.There is an attitude out there that anyone can clean.It's not true.Many so-called cleaning people have dirty houses and dirty cars, but yet they know how to clean.Hmmm...

Last edited by Cricket; 02-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.
post #3 of Old 02-25-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply... Also seen your book. Does your book talk about office procedures and guide line? Or what to do as an owner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-25-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profcleaning View Post
Do a really good job and be dependable.That alone will make ALL the difference.There is an attitude out there that anyone can clean.It's not true.Many so-called cleaning people have dirty houses and dirty cars, but yet they know how to clean.Hmmm...
Start Your Cleaning Business the Right Way
I couldnt agree more! Another thing: present yourself as professional. This means dressing nicely but comfortably, and then wear an apron and always wear gloves. Be able to spell well and write well. Be able to speak well, and be comfortable talking with ALL sorts of people. Make sure that the products you use not only smell good but work great. People seem to really appreciate products that smell fresh and clean. You might try to find yourself a niche market of some sort. What worked for me is this: I love cats, always have. So, I use this in my marketing. People who are "owned by cats" (smiling!) hire me because they sense I will not mind kitty litter, cat throw up, etc. I have become an expert at removing cat fur from furniture, floors, etc. And when they go on vacation, they use me to kitty sit! You may not like cats - maybe you like dogs, or birds or whatever. Pet owners tend to hire people who appreciate the pet they own. Maybe something else about you would appeal to certain home or business owners. You just have to know yourself well enough to know what it is YOU really like and enjoy and use whatever that is to market yourself.

Always, always, be honest. To a fault. Be willing to compromise with certain difficult customers. Be flexible. GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS - THEY WILL APPRECIATE THIS A LOT. Be willing to spend some extra (unpaid) time, getting things just right, because customers see this, and they do not forget.

If you have employees, work with them to make sure they are doing things they way YOU would. This may mean going behind them, and asking customers if their work was satisfactory or not. Your main goal should be making the customer feel appreciated and respected, and the end result should be a truly clean home or business.
post #5 of Old 02-26-2018, 01:18 PM

This is what sets you apart from your competition

Before getting hired for the job, when someone is interested in your services, schedule a time to meet with them at the location you will be cleaning. Provide your credentials, let them get to know you, and ask questions to get to know them... what are their likes, dislikes and expectations from a cleaning company? Do a walk through of the area you will be cleaning and highlight areas that you know your services will have a major impact on. Wow them so they are so comfortable with you and your services, that they will look no further.

If you need advice on cleaning, or cleaning equipment, please visit our website.

Kristine Harris
https://monsterfloorequipmentparts.com
Monster Floor Equipment Parts
post #6 of Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 PM

Stand out by always doing a great job.. and actually care! (Trust me, this helps! So many cleaners are not that good!)

You will then stand out and will be always very wanted!

I also provide cleaning with non-toxic cleaning products. Which helps ease a lot people's minds.

It also is great for people who have asthma. I have had someone who had bad asthma THANK me so much for using all natural organic cleaning products. Because it did not bother or irritate her lungs or asthma. Her other cleaning people used products that made her asthma act up every time they came, or something like that, so she had to let them go.

It is so much better for the lungs in general! (you don't want COPD (a lung issue) as a cleaner from being around toxic cleaning products all the time). So going "green" and non-toxic is a great way to go! You should care about your own lungs also!

Learn How to Start Your Own Cleaning Business!
www.CleaningBusinessSchool101.com
post #7 of Old 09-19-2018, 04:48 PM

Excellent answers.
You have to know what you do best and use that in your marketing plans. If its floors, say so. Me, I LOVE cats and mention this in all of my online profiles. Cat owners tend to want to hire other "Cat People" because they know we wont be upset by kitty fur, kitty litter and other cat related messes. I have become quite proficient in removing pet fur from furniture, to give you an example. I also offer Cat Sitting when the owners goes on vacation!

Floors and bathrooms are the areas I excel at. I dont know why but I just love cleaning floors. Go figure. I use Shark vacuums with super bright headlights, and those lights show me SO much more.

Bathrooms are always extremely dusty and usually full of hairs. Paper products and towels produce the dust, and we humans shed a lot! I have become truly good at getting that stuff up quickly, and for some weird reason, I enjoy doing this. Go figure.
post #8 of Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 AM

I would say informative and knowledgable.
post #9 of Old 10-19-2018, 03:34 AM

It's very knowledgeable...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode