What are you charging? 1700/2000/2500 sq ft - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-24-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

What are you charging? 1700/2000/2500 sq ft

Hey Everyone! I'm a newbie still doing research. I am curious what everyone is presently charging for residential cleaning?

Initial:1500-1700, 1700-2000, 2000-2500, 2500-3000 sq ft & how much for re-curring cleaning.

Any Florida cleaners out there (I'm in Jacksonville)?

Thanks Everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-14-2014, 03:28 AM

Well, it totally depends upon what your competitors are charging. Yet, I've recently heard about the latest discounted organic cleaning prices of residential carpet cleaning Denver (ecocleancares.com) and soon going to give them a call.
post #3 of Old 08-18-2014, 01:26 AM

Personally I've never known what my competitors charge. I know what I had to charge so that was what we charged.

I am all for giving up prices and numbers and not afraid to tell all but it is impossible to give any prices on this just as it is impossible for a business to call another business, ask what they charge and then charge the same thing and think they are going to make a profit.

How many people will be cleaning? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5? You might be cleaning alone while your competition is sending in 3 people. What do you clean with? What does your competition clean with? What type of system do you have? What type of system do they have? Do you make the bed? Do they made the bed? Do you clean the customer's toothbrush? Do they clean the customer's toothbrush?

Not to mention... just because one house is 2200sf and the next door neighbor's house is 2200sf does not mean they are equal. There are 2 hour to clean 2200sf houses and their are 5 hour to clean 2200sf houses.

That's why I think it's so funny when people call other cleaners to ask about prices or when cleaners give prices over the phone. And then they wonder why they make no money to speak of and never get to go on vacation using their cleaning money. We never give an actual price over the phone. If it wasn't possible to come give you a bid, then it probably won't work for us to clean your house. If I am pushed for a phone price I say, "$1000 cash when I get there or maybe less once I see your house".

Now to answer your question without giving a number.... how long will it take you to clean a 1700sf house? How much do you want to charge per hour?

Time _________
multiplied by
Per hour charge $_________
=
What you need to charge $__________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode