Why do we do what we do....and why its so important for fall - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Location: Servicing Oakville. Mississauga, Etobicoke & Toronto
Why do we do what we do....and why its so important for fall

Fall is truly one of the most beautiful times of the year. From wonderful fall harvest, to the beautiful pallet of colourful leaves. Fall also marks the time when we all start preparing our homes for the long winter ahead. Keep your family and yourself healthier this winter by properly maintaining and keeping up on the weekly cleaning of your home.
Common bacteria found in homes is E. coli, Salmonella and Staphylococcus.
E.coil & Salmonella are bacteria that lives in the digestive tracts of humans and animals it can cause bloody diarrhea, anemia, vomiting, kidney failure and in some cases death. This can happen when you drink water or eat food that has been contaminated with the feces of humans or animals.
Staphylococcus is a common bacterium found on the skin and in the noses of roughly 25% of healthy people and animals. Staphylococcus has the ability to make seven different toxins that are commonly responsible for food poisoning. Eating food contaminated with this bacteria can cause flu like symptoms. It can take approximately 1-3 days to recover.
To protect your family and yourself, thoroughly wash all foods with water and by rubbing the surface. Keep all kitchen surfaces clean by disinfecting them. Use clean towels & dish cloths for food preparation, and wash your hands frequently with soap. Dirty hands can transfer these harmful bacteria throughout your home onto anything you touch. Ensuring that you clean and sanitize faucets, appliance handles, counters and all surfaces in your house on a regular basis will stop the spread of the bacteria. Donít forget light switches, soap dispensers, and doorknobs!
A recent study found staphylococcus bacteria in 26% of bath tubs tested. Almost all showed bacteria from fecal matter; 81% had fungi, and 34% contained staph bacteria.
In 1970s Charles P. Gerba, PhD, of the University of Arizona Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science, found that flushing the toilet sends a spray of bacteria filled water droplets into the air. He found that the germs can float around in the bathroom for up to two hours after each flush, before settling on surfaces in your house. These germs can then transfer to other areas of your home and make you sick!
Ensure that you properly clean and sanitize kitchen sink and remove food particles from plates left to soak or rinse. The kitchen sink can serve as a breeding ground for these illness causing bacteria.
Now that we have talked about bacteria. Lets talk about dust & mold.
House dust is a mixture of many substances. Including dead skin, bug excrement, mold and other scary things that you donít want to be breathing in. The most common substance in dust that triggers allergies is dust mites, mold spores and animal dander. These allergens can cause a response in the immune system which results in the production of a special antibody and causes an allergic inflammatory response. It can take only a small amount of dust to triggering allergy symptoms. It one gram of dust there can be 100-19000 mites! Each mite lives approximately 30 days and females will reproduce 25-30 new mites in their lifetime. Each mite will produce about 10-20 waste particles in their life. That can really add up! All their excrement is what triggers allergies. With a rapidly growing population of mites you have to stay on top of your home cleaning for your health! Mites eat particles of skin and dander, so they thrive in homes with people and animals. Dust mites donít bite, spread diseases or live on people. They are harmful only to people who become allergic to them. Bug sprays and insecticides have no effect on dust mites. Your best defense is to reduce your exposure to dust mites in the home. Here is some ways you can reduce your exposure.
1. Mites like humid conditions. Measure the indoor humidity and keep it below 55 percent. Use a dehumidifier if necessary. Use vents and fans after showering or cooking to remove moisture.
2. Use a central vacuum or a vacuum with a HEPA filter regularly & minimize the amount of carpets in the home. Keep pets out of bedrooms to reduce dander.
3. Encase mattresses and pillows with dust covers. Wash all bed linens regularly using hot water.
4. Change the air filter in your home at least every three months. We like to change it with the seasons! Have your heating and air-conditioning units inspected and serviced every six months. Cleaning of the air ducts should be done every few years as well.
5. Clean any mold properly from your home. Mold is a fungus, which makes spores. These spores float in the air like pollen. People with a mold allergy inhale the spores and it causes allergy symptoms. Regular cleaning of your home reduces the growth of mold. Mold grows in the kitchen, bathroom, and basement where moisture is present.
With the major reasons to clean your home out of the way lets talk about your families general health and wellbeing. According to the U.S. Administration for Children and Families. A dirty, messy or cluttered home can cause some kids, to become aggressive, angry or violent due to the frustration caused by their home environment. Think about yourself for instance. How did you feel the last time your house was clean? Didnít you feel like you could think more clearly and less stressed? The teaching of Feng Shui says it does! Dirt and clutter build up in your home causes a low, stagnant, and confusing energy that saps the energy from you. If your home is dirty and messy it can negatively influence or block the flow of events in many areas of your life
Once the house is clean and clutter free you will start experiencing higher energy levels, more clarity, and a heightened sense of well-being. Especially in the winter months. We could all use a pick me up!
At Maids Of Canada we recommend a thorough cleaning of your home before you close it all up for winter. If your pressed for time, enlist the help of our experts at Maids Of Canada! Let us help restore your Feng Shui!
Visit our website at maidsofcanada.com or call 416-854-9494 for your FREE no obligation quote!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 AM

Better

The bins makes it his business to know why we do the things we do. The pioneering life coach has spoken to millions of people through his best-selling books.
post #3 of Old 11-20-2013, 04:22 PM

Many thanks for sharing good info…!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-21-2018, 07:34 AM

Fall cleaning is my favorite, maybe because I like fall so much with thanksgiving coming around the corner. Thank you for sharing your post and comments with us. We enjoy a clean home.
post #5 of Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM

I agree, dust and mold are very dangerous because often people don't even see it. The longer people go without noticing that they are breathing in unsafe air the worse their respiratory health will get. I have a friend with bronchitis that got from a dirty household. That's why I believe regular house cleaning is so important.

House cleaner at Heavenly Homes Cleaning in Guelph, Ontario
post #6 of Old 08-22-2018, 03:53 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon-22 View Post
I agree, dust and mold are very dangerous because often people don't even see it. The longer people go without noticing that they are breathing in unsafe air the worse their respiratory health will get. I have a friend with bronchitis that got from a dirty household. That's why I believe regular house cleaning is so important.
Hey shannon,
I am totally agree with you I also believe regular house cleaning is important.
post #7 of Old 08-24-2018, 04:57 PM

Is anyone else here having troubles with pop up ads??? These stupid ads from DAP keep showing up, on both sides of the screen, making it impossible for me to post stuff here. I wrote CleaningTalk.com and did not hear back from them.
Annie in Florida, annoyed
post #8 of Old 10-19-2018, 03:25 AM

Great tips shared...

Tags
cleaning advice , cleaning tips , house cleaning service , maid service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode