Are you looking for window cleaning tips? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Are you looking for window cleaning tips?

suggestions for cleansing windows
There are many window cleansing ideas that may be discovered alongside a number of books and web sites on the web. Getting a streak-free window that glitters is not a simple course of as a result of the instruments and cleansing merchandise used. a typical drawback is that paper towels used to wash home windows and window clearing merchandise utilizing fundamental. the perfect means to scrub a window utilizing a squeegee, however when that possibility is not a newspaper is the subsequent finest factor. As for a great cleansing product, which include ammonia or vinegar are one of the greatest.
Window cleansing primary recommendation begins with an evaluation of the precise window to be cleaned. the surface ought to at all times be performed first. irrespective of in case you employ a ladder to succeed in it, a squeegee with an extension, or simply get by way of the open window. The outer surfaces are at all times dirtier than the inside, in order that the primary cleansing will probably be simpler to get the spark window and brightness. Itís a very good thought to rinse the skin floor with a sprayer hooked up to a backyard hose to get the principle grime particles off, earlier than making an attempt to make use of a cleaner and squeegee or newspaper.
utilizing a sprig bottle stuffed with a cleaner containing ammonia or vinegar is the best manner to perform this process. there are a lot of merchandise available on the market that provide pre-soaked towels or cloths to make sure a streak-free finish, however these merchandise are typically inferior to they are saying. utilizing a sprig bottle to use the cleaner is one of the greatest recommendation for cleansing home windows you are able to give. keep away from gimmicks and false guarantees made to. Ammonia and vinegar depart a streak-free shine that may not be obtained by using fundamental cleansing of the window.
utilizing a squeegee when potential is the perfect approach to get a window totally clear and never scratched. If one is not available, then use crumpled items of newspaper is the most effective possibility. A tip for the cleansing of home windows you need to grasp is that the towels and paper towels go away streaks and particles that fall as moist. Newspaper will depart a streak-free end that glow within the dullest of solar and are simple to exchange after they damp material to take away the filter. merely take a sheet of paper, wadding it up, and proceed cleansing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-23-2012, 11:31 PM

For cleaning window you gave me such a nice tips. Even I always go for homemade cleaner which included vinegar,liquid soap and water, Just mixture of it all and spray it on windows.For window cleaners you need to use extra tools like scrubbing wand,scraper and lint free towels. Collect all tools and wipe the windows very cleanly.
post #3 of Old 06-30-2012, 01:58 AM

It is always a good idea to use homemade cleaner to clean your windows. If you use these products then you won’t worry about any side effects of chemicals on your window and carpet. I also prefer to use natural and home remedies product to clean my home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 AM

When you are cleaning windows, if not using the streak-free squeegee, wipe up and down on the inside and back and forth on the outside. If there are any streaks you will be able to see which side needs to be redone.

remove soot in manhattan ny
post #5 of Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Are you looking for window cleaning tips?

Thank you so much for sharing all the useful tips. It is very necessary to keep our windows clean to prevent ourselves from different dust allergies and smell. I am also trying to switch to all homemade cleaners as they are really helpful for cleaning and easy to apply.
post #6 of Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM

How do you remove hard water stains off windows?
post #7 of Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 AM

I think cleaning window yourself is better and wise decision to compare than hire a professional service. First of all wipe off excess dirt then use the sprays is to wipe the glass with newspaper.

Bench seating Components
post #8 of Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM

Yes windows cleaning is one of the major part and it is really important.
post #9 of Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks you so much for the tips, I need to try this one out. I read another thread on window cleaning on cleaning talk- it said that when vinegar, water and a little detergent mixed together also cleans windows very well. It really worked for my windows, lets see this one works or not.
post #10 of Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 PM

Windows are the most sensitive part of the cleaning procedure as the chances of scratches or breaking are higher and also noticeable. Nowadays large glasses are being used because of the big windows in multi-storey buildings that requires special care while cleaning.
post #11 of Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM

window cleaning

I use 1 cup water 1 cup rubbing alcohol and I tablespoon vinegar.
I use a T towel and when I wash them I never use softner with them. This really leaves clean windows and works well also on chrome fixtures in the bathroom. I have cleaned houses for 30 years and this is the best I have come up with so far,
post #12 of Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 AM

The window cleaning should be perform with some soap mixture. But it should be dry at once for saving the zink chances. The metal used in window decide the cleaning tip o f window.
post #13 of Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 AM

Very informative post on window cleaning, Which sounds so difficult as a household activity. That is why i use Janitorial cleaning Supplies to cleanse remotest / sensitive parts, since it is not only user friendly but pretty inexpensive too. Though household remedy is always useful, if anybody got enough time to invest on cleaning.
post #14 of Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM

Thank you for sharing!
post #15 of Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Many thanks for sharing good info…!!!)
post #16 of Old 09-12-2013, 05:10 PM

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks the original post is completely incoherent?
post #17 of Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 PM

To clean windows, use a solution of a few tablespoons of Dawn dish soap with about 3 gallons of cold water.

Use an Etorre or Sorbo squeegee, if possible, and you should have a few different sizes. Having A 6",10", and a 14" squeegee works well for residential windows. You'll want an 18" or even 24" if you are doing commercial. Any applicator will do fine, but the squeegees should be bought o line from a window cleaning supply company.

As for techniques, unless you know how to "fan" already, stick to straight pulls from side to side.
Start the side pulls from the top, and go until the very bottom, wiping the squeegee rubber after each pull. Finish by wiping the streaks or drips with a CLEAN towel, or paper towels.

If it you are at a house with storm windows, double-hung combinations, you will need to remove the storms and use mats or towels to place the windows on, lean each window against a wall with towels propped between the wall and the window. Clean each side of the window and then put it back into the window tracts only AFTER you are done with all the rest of the windows.

I personally would recommend subbing the work to a professional company if the house has storm windows.
post #18 of Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 AM

Get start by washing your window with a sponge. Washing up liquid in warm soapy water will work well but remember - the fewer suds the better. Be alert when using strong window cleaning solutions that they do not damage surrounding paintwork.
post #19 of Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 AM

Here are a few more tips;
Combine 2 tablespoons ammonia, 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol and 1/4 teaspoon mild non-antibacterial dish washing liquid. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into a rinsed, recycled spray bottle. Then spray it on windows, just as you would commercial glass cleaner, and wipe.
Employing newsprint instead of rags or paper towels will leave your hands dirty but your windows sparkling and lint-free -- cheaply and without streaks. You can also dip the crumpled newspaper directly into a bucket of the homemade cleaner while wearing rubber or vinyl gloves, wipe down the glass with the wet newspaper, and, to finish off, use dry sheets of newspaper to dry and polish the windows.Now that you're an adult, one of those old-fashioned blackboard erasers may once again leave you proud as you look out through crystal-clear windows. After washing and drying your windows with either newspaper, run a clean, dry blackboard eraser over the windows to remove any streaks and give them a diamond-bright shine. After washing and drying your windows with newspaper, run a clean, dry blackboard eraser over the windows to remove any streaks and give them a diamond-bright shine.
post #20 of Old 10-24-2013, 02:14 AM

Window cleaning

This is a nice information regarding window cleaning. From this article we come to know the ways to clean the window, thanks for sharing such wonderful information regarding the same.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode