30,000 sq feet or 75,000 Sq Feet - thoughts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

30,000 sq feet or 75,000 Sq Feet - thoughts

Hello,

I was recently contacted for a bid request for a building that was 30,000 sq feet, 5 days a week.

I made contact with the company who then sent over expectations of the cleaning, but their itinerary was for 75,000 sq feet, 5 days a week.

Not sure which one they want, but I'll plan to bid for both.
Walk-thru is tomorrow.

So, 30,000 sq ft (3 workers) - $4,936

And 75,000 sq ft (5 workers) - $12,340

The work is spelled out clearly on the itinerary. Below is an example of an area to be cleaned. Further down is their quarterly task requirements.

Please take into account this would be my large contract that I would need employees for, so I know Im ready now. Four years cleaning on my own and am ready for the next level.

Thanks again for your time guys!!

www.cleansweepcc.com

OFFICE AREAS
1) REFUSE CONTAINERS
a) Empty Containers/Replace Liner:
All refuse and recycling containers shall be completely emptied and a clean, appropriately sized liner installed.
b)
Recycling Containers:
Recycling Containers for all recyclables are to be emptied, appropriately sized liner installed.
2)
CLEAN & DISINFECT
a) Clean Doors, Walls, and Frames:
Remove finger marks, furniture rubs, and scuff marks from walls, doors, frames, and kick plates.
b)
Clean and Disinfect Handles, Handrails, and Covers:
Clean and disinfect door handles, handrails, electrical switch plates, and outlet covers.
c)
Clean and Disinfect Drinking Fountains:
9 | P a g e

Stainless steel fountains are to be cleaned with a stainless cleaner, disinfected, inside and out, as well as fixtures. Fountains are to be free of water spots, stains, and smudges.
d)
Clean and Disinfect Communication Equipment:
Disinfect and remove dirt, smudges, and finger marks from telephones.
3) FURNITURE
a) Furniture Placement:
Furniture, chairs, refuse, and recycle containers are to be placed back in their appropriate locations.
b)
Furniture Damp Wipe:
Furniture shall be damp wiped with disinfectant to remove stains, smudges, and dried refuse.
c)
Furniture Vacuuming:
Upholstered furniture shall be vacuumed clean, debris, and lint free.
4)
DUSTING
a) Dust Horizontal Surfaces:
Horizontal surfaces, window ledges, light fixtures, picture frames, and the like are to be dust free.
b)
Dust Furniture:
Common area furnishings, directory signage, tables, and chairs are to dust free.
c) High Dust Vents, Grilles, Lighting, Etc.:
High dusting shall be anything over 6 from the floor including vents, grilles, exhaust fans, light fixtures, clocks, door tops, and frames.
5) WINDOWS, GLASS, AND BLINDS
a) Clean Entry Glass:
Entry glass shall be cleaned and streak free inside and out.
b)
Clean Window Blinds:
Blinds, horizontal, and vertical shall be clean, dust, and dirt free.
6)
CARPET
a) Vacuum Carpet:
Carpeted areas of lobbies, conference rooms, hallways, corridors, entrances, including entrance mats are to be thoroughly vacuumed dirt free. Furnishings (chairs, wastebaskets, etc.) are to be moved and returned to their original locations to provide for vacuuming.
b)
Vacuum with Edging Tool All Corners:
Carpet edges and corners where floor and wall intersect, where floor and thresholds meet or around the bases of any object permanently placed on a carpet surface are to be vacuumed with an edging tool.
c)
Routine Spot Clean Carpet:
Carpet is to be kept in a stain-free condition. The Contract Administrator and the Contractor shall agree as to whether carpet shampooing/extraction supersedes spot cleaning.
d)
Baseboard Cleaning:
Baseboards (wood, vinyl, rubber) shall be kept cleaned with an appropriate product so as not to discolor or scratch.
7)
FLOORING RUBBER/VINYL TILE
a) Sweep Tile Floors:
Resilient tile flooring (rubber, vinyl) shall be swept with a broom or dust mopped so as to leave the floor in a dirt (dust) free state.
b)
Damp Mop Tile Floors:
Resilient floor surfaces shall be damp mopped to remove any dirt and all spills. Scuff marks or stains are not expected to be removed with damp mopping.
c)
Baseboard Cleaning:
Baseboards (vinyl, rubber) shall be cleaned with an appropriate product so as not to discolor or scratch.
10 | P a g e

8) FLOORING CONCRETE
a) Sweep Concrete Floors:
Concrete floors shall be swept with a broom so as to leave the floor in a dirt (dust) free state.
b)
Damp Mop Concrete Floors:
Concrete floor surfaces shall be damp mopped to remove any dirt and all spills. Scuff marks or stains are not expected to be removed with damp mopping.
c)
Baseboard Cleaning:
Baseboards (wood, vinyl, rubber, and concrete, steel) shall be cleaned with an appropriate product so as not to discolor or scratch.

QUARTERLY TASKS
1) MACHINE SCRUB CAFETERIA
2) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX PLANT RESTROOMS & HALLWAY
3) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX PLANT SHIPPING/RECEIVING OFFICE
4) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX PLANT SHIPPING/RECEIVING OFFICE RESTROOM
5) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX QUALITY CONTROL OFFICE AREA
6) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX ENGINEERING LAB AREA
7) MACHINE SCRUB FIRST & SECOND FLOOR BISTRO AREA(S)
8) MACHINE SCRUB, STRIP, & WAX FIRST & SECOND FLOOR RESTROOM AREA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 AM

I think that your 30,000 sq.ft. price may be a little low with the quarterly floor waxing work but that your 75,000 sq.ft. price is way too high! You have kept the same price per sq.ft. but as the building gets larger the price per sq.ft. will expect to be lowered as well. I once cleaned a 100,000 sq.ft. building for Hovnanian for $6,500.00 per month. I clean a 25,000 sq.ft. building now for $3,000.00 per month so size does matter! I can't tell the expense of the quarterly floor work and the carpet cleaning to work in a price.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 05-02-2014, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

jahra352,

"I think that your 30,000 sq.ft. price may be a little low with the quarterly floor waxing work "

I did some recalculating and came up with $5396. Would that be enough even if I wanted to outsource the floor cleaning?

"75,000 sq.ft. price is way too high!"

So, as a building gets larger my price should get smaller? At which point do you charge by square feet? I've been going hourly.

What about $9,742? That could be with/with-out the floor cleaning.

"I can't tell the expense of the quarterly floor work and the carpet cleaning to work in a price."

Not sure what you mean here.

Thanks

www.cleansweepcc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-02-2014, 11:19 AM

The tasks state that you need to keep the carpeting in "stain-free" condition. Do you know the amount of extra work to keep 75,000 sq.ft. of carpeting in stain-free condition? You also have listed Quarterly Tasks for stripping and waxing of 7-8 different areas. I assume that needs to be calculated into the monthly price? Don't know if it is 50,000 sq.ft. of tile floors or 1,000 sq.ft.?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 PM

i got a question for you how do you put a cleaning proposal together do you add man power ten percent for supplies monthly ten persent for insurance , workers comp, monthly and then your profit ? what do a lot of people stick with for profit 10 % 20% 30 ? is it something here that i forgot to include?
post #6 of Old 05-15-2014, 02:33 PM

30% fred. Figure you need to pay your EE's, taxes both sales and gov't, and overhead.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Tags
www.cleansweepcc.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode