Big printing facility
Client for nearly 4 yrs
M-F routine jani services
Just a small visual of one
of the area's we service in this facility
Non-Production W/M's bathroom's (1 each)
Clients daily checklist looks like the following
Clean Stall walls (tiled/painted)
Replenish paper/soap & sanitary products
1x's Wkly task includes the following
Here's what it REALLY looks like
1. Empty trash, replace liner & clean/disinfect trash can lids ( we do not have a brute container on a dolly like most places would so we hand carry every bag to a big trash bin located about 40ft away from the bathrooms.
2. Clean, dry, disinfect & polish afterwards (if residue is present due to the use of LYSOL which I do not recommend using) toilets & urinals top-bottom in/out & top - bottom tiled & metal painted partition walls, stainless steel hand rails- toilet paper dispensers, toilet seat cover dispensers, stall doors & frames.
3. Clean & polish formica vanity w/3 sinks & stainless steel faucets & mirror the length of the vanity.
4. Clean & polish white tiled walls surrounding the vanity to include any soap scum built up from the overnight/day shift (we're only allowed to come in on 3pm-11pm or 11pm -4am)
5. Wet wipe & disnfect fronts of entry doors x2
6. Wet wipe walls under paper towel dispensers (residue from employee hands usually slung all over the wall white flat painted wall---- YUK)
7. Wet wipe the top of the tiled base & crevices (caulking) along the wall by the soap/paper towel dispensers (again residue from employee hands) Oh... cleanup sheet rock dust the maintenance left behind in the joints of the tile & behind the entry doors 3x's last week :( rock salt in winter months & mud/grass during rainy days
8. Replenish soaps, paper & sanitary products (toilet paper holder is suppose to use the coreless rolls BUT they buy the corded rolls & the holders are installed incorrectly on the walls so they fill up with shavings from the core & that falls on the flooring
9. Empty, clean, dry & disinfect 3 sanitary boxes (the boxes are not big enough so i always have to shove my GLOVED hand down in the box to remove the contents; usually I just pull them off the walls, empty, clean & replace. Its a chore in itself :(
10. LASTLY, sweep (even though the check list requires the floor to be swept 1x's a week) the tiled floors to include under every locker with a broom that I have to shove under them because its literally to big to just glide under them, oh and of course I can't forget about all the SHOES on the floor that I must maneuver in order to actually sweep the floor again yet another issue I've addressed several times but nothing comes of it & then FINALLY there's the mopping and believe it or not this is in fact the EASIEST part of the entire process! Oh but the employee's will walk in even while I'm mopping- however they do apologize lol
Simply put the person I go to won't take measures to stop this from happening and I'm not allowed to do anything except smile and move on. I requested a closed for cleaning sign and was told no they'd just rather allow the employee's entrance. CRAZY but I've gotten to the point where it's WHATEVER I clean it once and I'm out!
Weekly -Remember their checklist simply says DUST but here's what I've found myself doing over the years
I pull out the very crappy extendable duster, shake it off the best I can, high/ low dust the entire bathroom & joining locker room which includes the walls, tops of the stall frames, doors, lockers, dispensers and any other horizontal/vertical exterior surfaces I can reach with the duster. The reason I do this you ask >>>> I've tried getting away with performing a basic routine dusting but it just accumulates so quickly it must receive this sorta service otherwise it would be HELL to clean. Also, the guy will send me an email/or text/pic msg. For ex: I got a pic msg of one of the soap dispensers which had just a tad bit of dust (ink facility so very typical) and he said it doesn't look like these have been dusted so can you please make sure it gets done. Meanwhile I'm over here like WTF! Are you kidding me, they were cleaned on Monday and you want me to clean them again on Wednesday! Seriously com'on!
SOOOO WHAT SAY YOU? How do I get this under control? It has to stop, the guy just ask me today to pickup shoes place on shoe rack once a week to thoroughly clean the floors. This is just a smidgen of what I have made exceptions to. I simply do NOT want to make another exception so I need solid sound advice from ppl that are in the business please