Apartment Complex quote - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
Apartment Complex quote

I have an opportunity to bid cleaning services for a new apartment complex.

Move In/Out
Clubhouse (2000 sq ft) - once a week
Demo apartment - once a week

They have 10 different floor plans ranging from 760sf to 1300 sf. I would like to bid one price for all in lieu of 10 different prices.

Sweep/mop/dust/bathrooms (whirlpool tubs)/tile (10x10 area)/baseboards/windows/sills/vents

I'm interested in hearing good and bad experiences with providing services to an apartment complex. This is a higher end complex.

Thanks!
Wil

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-02-2008, 12:22 PM

We charge a base price for 1br/1ba then charge an additional $10 per room and $15 per bathroom. Depending on where you are located the prices might be different. You should also take into consideration the volume that they will be giving you. On our larger accounts the base price starts out lower due to the fact that they give us so much business throughout the month.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #3 of Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
I like the idea of a base price plus X for additonal rooms or bathrooms. Thank you for the tip!

Have you done rental houses by chance? I have another opportunity to bid to clean rental houses with property management firm. I'm fearful of stating a standard rate as opposed to an hourly. I meet with them tomorrow and will have square footage/etc..

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM

We have alot of customers that are property management companies. As long as the property management company has a great maintenance crew that properly trashes out the rentals than the base price x additional rooms work. On ours they paint and replaces the floors. I would suggest viewing one of the rentals that are ready to clean before quoting anything. Some of them don't trash out or even have maintenance and we try to stay clear of those. They usually are too much of a hassle and are in horrible conditions. Make sure there will be utilities when you clean as well. Some guys think you can clean with no electricity and water.
post #5 of Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM

Wil, we hardly ever base anything by the hour. However, the number of hours we think it will take is incorporated into our base price. There are two of us so we rarelly spend more than 2-3 hours on most rental properties. Most of the time they are two to three bedrooms and no more than three bathrooms. You need to factor in what you are worth and what your overhead will be such as supplies and fuel expenses. There are lots of opportunities with property management companies. We do many of them so if you need any help on what will clean what best let me know. It has been a learning experience but I think we finally figured most of it out. There will always be surprises though.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #6 of Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM

That's a great point sunnieclean. I've seen a few places that require cleaning and trashing out and that creates a huge hassle. I usually charge extra if I know of these conditions beforehand.
post #7 of Old 05-27-2015, 03:11 PM

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode