Bid opinion - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-27-2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Bid opinion

Hi,

Have a facility that is 15k but they only want 7500k cleaned 5 days a week. The other 7500k (2 large conference rooms, public area) they need done on an as needed basis.

First 7,500 I figure 3 man hours @ 1299 a month?

Second 7,500k I figure an hour per room? Not sure.

They also want me to supply paper products. Never done this. What is the up charge?

Also want a quote on windows. Some are 50 feet. ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-27-2014, 12:25 PM

As far as how fast you can get the cleaning accomplished, it really depends on the amount of furniture in the room and what your quote entails. Can you provide more information?

I've been on jobs that I could clean at your budgeted 2,500 sq ft/hr but also had jobs where I can clean 500 sq ft/hr.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #3 of Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

The facility is a circle formation.
The first half is 4 bathrooms-1 toilet/ sink in each.
Entrance to lobby - glass doors, tile floor that transfers to rug.
Off the lobby is big conference area-large/long desk that's used once a week. The entrance is also glass.
There are 4 offices(all glass doors)as you walk the hall then transitions into cubicles(12-14). Then the break room with small counter and tile floor. That's the first half.

They want the basics-trash,floors, dust.

Doors into the building are 4 sets of double doors, then about 50 feet of space until conference area. The rooms have a divider and are either rows of chairs or tables in square formation with chairs. Manager has a map of facility on lobby desk with a communication book. States that when he needs the extra rooms cleans he highlights the area in map and makes notation in book.

This facility has all doctors.

Thanks

www.cleansweepcc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM

I see that you figured out 3 manhours at $1,299 per month. Is that what you want to charge the customer for the cleaning or your labor cost?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Charge the customer. Sound feasible?
post #6 of Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 PM

It sounds reasonable. I would probably be more around $1,495.00 - $1,795.00 depending on what needs to be done? Especially whether desks are your responsible for cleaning weekly, quantity of interior glass, etc. My labor costs would probably be around $1,000.00 per month but I think your price is very competitive. Pricing supplies will depend on the brands of paper and soap products they use along with number of people working there? Window washing rates are usually around $5.00 per pane total for inside and outside cleaning for an average size of approx. 4 x 6'.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #7 of Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM

Jahra, if your labor costs were 1,000/mo you would be billing 16-17/hr. Are your rates that low for a job like this? That sounds a little low fif I were bidding the job but it's in the ballpark.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #8 of Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM

If it is 3 hours per night then 66 hours per month at $1,495.00 would be almost $23.00 per hour.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #9 of Old 03-28-2014, 01:43 PM

O.K., I understand what you're original post was conveying. Misunderstanding.

post #10 of Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

What about the separate rooms? Just go by my hourly rate? I told him $7 per window but he asked again about all the windows outside, up high and around the building as a separate quote. Guess I have to go count them?.

I quoted $1547 for overall cleaning.

www.cleansweepcc.com
post #11 of Old 03-28-2014, 04:23 PM

For window cleaning in above 1st floor levels I will subcontract to a window cleaning company. Pricing also depends on the frequency of cleaning. If a car dealer wants it done 2 x per month or an office building once per year, the price per window will go up or down.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #12 of Old 04-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Hello Manystyles,

It sounds like you have quite an opportunity here and you're receiving solid advice . Your posts offer three categories of decision making factors and one incredibly important statement.

The important statement first (to get the scare out of the room. Haha). You mentioned “the facility has all doctors”. Ut oh... If this is a medical facility with clinical areas, ALL THE RULES CHANGE. The Healthcare cleaning industry is an event unto itself. The requirements change. The times allotted change and the liabilities change. If the vendor is not properly trained, people can become ill or worse. I'm hoping you're addressing an administrative meeting facility with no medical requirements or you have Healthcare industry training.

1st category: General cleaning. I always determine the application of the facility before I start. In other words, an administrative office space may require x amount of time to clean, but if the same space is being used for clinical (medical) practices or food service etc. the time may be double or triple x. I have learned to ask the daily, weekly or monthly traffic count. A facility with 10 employees and no visitors requires x hours to clean, but if each of those employees has ten visitors a day...... well you get the idea.

2nd category: Project work. You explain half the facility will be cleaned on an as needed basis. I would suggest you agree on an hourly charge that would not only address the separate area as needed work, but also requested cleaning outside of the scope of work in the area you regularly maintain. Meeting rooms with as needed cleaning suggest group meetings with varying attendance and cleaning requirements. Interior and first level exterior window cleaning can also fall into the project work category.

For the excessive height window cleaning, you will need to meet with a window cleaning company to determine prices based on a subcontract agreement or determine your cost of equipment rental to address the work yourself. Insurance requirements are factors here.

3rd category: Disposable supplies. A cleaning vendor providing (at the vendors expense) supplies to a client is the quick road to contract failure. Better plan: A cleaning vendor ordering and maintaining supplies from a client's supplier account is the safe road. If the client wants a better quality tissue, or the client has a thief on their payroll it's their dime not yours being effected. When supplies run low, it's because your people forgot to stock not because you're trying to raise the net profit on the contract.

I really like the communication form in the lobby. That's professional and extremely effective. On occasion I come across an account I feel I can't truly evaluate before I service it for a few months. In that case I make an agreement with the client to meet again after ninety days of service and reevaluate the project. You can find additional contract assessment information at the Facility Support website with "The Novice Mistake" (serious article, sarcastic name) link. Good Luck with your project!

- Thomas Anthony
Facility Support Services, FSS Support Site
Years from now they won't remember what you did. They probably won't remember what you said. They may not even remember your name. But I promise you... they will always remember exactly how you made them feel. - unknown

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode