Bidding Commercial Jobs - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-25-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Bidding Commercial Jobs

Hello,

I'm sort of new to the commercial cleaning industry. I was an operations manager for a large commercial cleaning company in CO. I never dealt with the biz development side of things and that's where my questions lie..

I and a partner have started a new commercial cleaning company in a different state and we feel pretty confident in all areas of the company with the exception of bidding jobs. I have an idea of how to bid a job but don't have anything really nailed down. I've also tried "Clean Guru's" software for bidding and I don't like that fact that they require you to measure every single room in an office. I'm certainly not looking for something general but I also think there's gotta be something that can be as accurate but not as detailed.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a system that's a bit more simple yet accurate and fair. I'm very comfortable looking at spreadsheets and also open to software.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you,

Danny F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Danny,
Software for Bidding-- I believe CleanBid/CleanGuru offers a 30 day trial. I have tried it out on a couple of my accounts and found it to be inline with what I had bid.
I use excel spread sheet and us e the ISSA Cleaning Times--this guide lists the cleaning time for floors,walls,stairs,restrooms etc.times are given per 1000 sq ft or by the task such as changing out light bulbs or listed by the minute. You can search for cleaning times guides--parrish supply has one. Then take the figures from the guide and develop a spreadsheet for that bid.
Carpet--vacuum 16" upright vacuum-- 14.20 minutes per 1000 sq ft
Restroom service--9 fixtures--trash+disinfect=mirrors+supplies refill+clean floor---27.00 minutes
* your cleaning time maybe longer or shorter than the listed time**
Brad BD Janitorial
A Good Bid starts with taking good thorough notes on the walk thru and ASK??????

Last edited by bdjanitorial; 02-13-2019 at 03:28 PM.
post #3 of Old 03-05-2019, 11:17 AM

This is a scenario where having cleaned yourself comes in handy. During a walk-through taking meticulous notes, asking numerous questions, and judging how long it would take you to do the job if you did it yourself. Experience such as this leads to your per square foot production rate which varies per facility. Fyi, we have never based any of our pricing on outside charts/software. Not saying it doesn't work, just never did it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode